atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Timbo Weird MOH issue on STSe - 08/03/07 06:25 AM
This is baffling me and my techs....
We have a site that has an STSe (brand new) and an OHP-6000 digital MP3 MOH unit attached.

They have 3 D&E lines (CLEC) and 2 Verizon lines connected to the KSU. When a call is put on hold the 3 D&E lines have a really bad intermittant static noise that completely blocks out the MOH music for a few seconds at a time....it happens about every 8 to 10 seconds. The weird thing is when that same call is picked up off of hold by the user there is no problem at all....call is clear as a bell. The problem is only there when on-hold.
To make matters even more confusing it does it not matter what music-on-hold device is used and we even tried another KSU...same thing.
Now, if we put one of the 2 verizon lines on hold there is no problem even if we swap a verizon line into one of the co ports where the D&E lines were????

D&E is of course claiming that the problem is not in their lines.
The customer is getting frustrated with the old "it's not us it's them" scenario and we don't know what to do next....eliminating the MOH is not really an option since that was a big selling point for the system.
Has anyone run into this scenario before?
Posted By: STS E Re: Weird MOH issue on STSe - 08/03/07 06:43 AM
Well, you have proven its has to be in D&E (lec).
Maybe the co line provided by them is HOT or its marginal as far as line specs.

You will have to prove to them it is in there circuit, ALWAYS.(Meter readings etc.)
Posted By: justbill Re: Weird MOH issue on STSe - 08/03/07 12:11 PM
I'm with STS E, betting high loop current.
Posted By: Timbo Re: Weird MOH issue on STSe - 08/06/07 04:24 PM
thanks for the input guys....we've proven to the customer that the problem is with the carriers lines and not the STSe so the ball is in the carriers court and the customer is putting the pressure on them....we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the ideas
Posted By: oobie Re: Weird MOH issue on STSe - 08/22/07 09:53 AM
I would like to update this matter for TIMBO!

I did get out to check all levels on the lines and they were all good, all levels. Took a Avaya Partner system hooked it up (to eliminate the STS) did the same thing as Timbo explained above. We started calling other customers of ours that use the same CLEC and WOW it's doing it there to!!

After many closed service tickets with the CLEC and them telling us it was our problem they finally fessed up and told us that it was a problem with there new Nortel Softswitch and Nortel is in the proccess of writing a patch for it.

Case Closed!! Keep this one in the back of your head!
Posted By: Toneman Re: Weird MOH issue on STSe - 08/22/07 11:32 AM
Very good post oobie. It's nice to know that the clec was proven wrong. From a tech's standpoint this is invaluable information and something to remember.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help