atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: usererror Extension does not ring - 08/11/07 05:49 PM
this should be easy...

we have 2 extensions that do not ring when outside calls are dialed. but internal 'intercom' does work. is there a way to get these two phones out of "do not disturb" mode? I do not know how and do not have any manuals.

They are "vodavi infinite" 12 button phones...i.e. they have 12 programmable buttons on top, no LCD display.

Thank you!
Posted By: STS E Re: Extension does not ring - 08/11/07 07:32 PM
"This should be easy".........ok

If the keysets were in "do not disturb "
they would not be able to be signaled on intercom calls.

Don't think that is your problem, but to remove dnd, lift handset dial "631".

Doesnt work right ? Your stations are probably not programmed to ring on co trunks.

This is a Installer program, requiring a tech manual. Good luck.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Extension does not ring - 08/11/07 09:07 PM
Ouch!

Sorry, but station ringing assignments require the services of a trained technician. We can't give out this type of information here as this forum is meant to convey "user's-guide" information to end users.

These stations are not in "DND"; if they were, you would not be able to receive internal calls at them. They were simply never programmed by the installer to ring on selected incoming lines during the original installation.
Posted By: usererror Re: Extension does not ring - 08/14/07 11:16 AM
Thanks! I did try the DND disable, and you are correct, the CO lines do not ring, still. I will recommend to the powers that be to have the company that installed the phones come up some time.
Posted By: usererror Re: Extension does not ring - 08/24/07 07:03 PM
The buckled down and called the company that installed the system to come out and fix those two extensions.

Now one of the other extensions that I had trouble creating/installing in the first place won't ring all of a sudden. But it worked before, after they came out to find a problem in underground wiring.

I wish I could get voice over IP for them.
Posted By: STS E Re: Extension does not ring - 08/25/07 04:54 AM
Sounds like you have too many irons in the fire.
You have a TDM switching system and you are trying or thinking IP voice or what ever.

I have found, it works better if only one person
maintains and cares for a system. Period.

As i stated in the past to you, this forum is a
user assist help desk, for simple answers only.

You will find that leaving the TELCOM to experience people will solve your issues.

You are not being fair to your Installer/
Technician.

.... and thats they way it is. IP is not your solution in this case.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Extension does not ring - 08/25/07 03:54 PM
It sounds to me like you have a simple case of a callback if what you are saying is true. Perhaps the person who programmed your system inadvertently messed up the other extension. I would think calling them back and asking what their warranty policy is might be in order. You may be pleasantly surprised. The vendor may fix it for free or for a minimal amount.

I have to agree with STS E. VOIP seems to be everyone's magic cure-all, but it's not. It's an emerging technology, still well within it's infancy and has a long way to go. Even after three attempted roll outs and decades of trial and error, it still can't provide much better than cell phone voice quality. It has a long, long way to go.

VOIP is certainly not going to solve this problem. You have a simple case of a few phones that weren't programmed to ring, and now another one. What good does it do to trash a perfectly good phone system because it's not programmed the way that you want it?

Would you throw out your TV because it doesn't receive the channels you desire? How about the car when the tires get worn? Move away when the grass needs cutting? Of course you wouldn't!

Think rationally for a moment: There's nothing wrong with the phone system; it's just not programmed the way you want it to be.

Even the magical IP systems require programming and most have much tighter restrictions as to who sells/services them. Of course, it you are speaking of setting your office up with some form of free or shareware, then there's nothing we can do to help you except to wish you the best.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help