atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Paul Glasser stse flash vm disconnects - 08/13/07 08:48 AM
This is a new install, with the latest software,everything seems to be working ok except we are getting some vm cutoffs we think. If you hangup after the record beeb you get 3 sec of dead air for a message, what the customer is worry about is some very short messages like 1 sec and a click.They are getting good messages, but I need to be able to tell them what the short messages are.I can't make it happen, and vodavi tech support can't come up with an answer.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: stse flash vm disconnects - 08/13/07 09:20 AM
Paul:

Are you sure that the system initialization command was performed from the main menu prior to installation? This sure sounds like a system that was not properly initialized.

You might also want to verify that the CO is sending a proper disconnect signal to knock down the call if the calling party hangs up prior to leaving a message.
Posted By: oobie Re: stse flash vm disconnects - 08/13/07 12:13 PM
I also have seen this issue when using a LEC that didn't have a good disconnect. Leaving a bunch of dead air messages.
Posted By: Paul Glasser Re: stse flash vm disconnects - 08/13/07 05:34 PM
I did a reinitialization on the vm twice for some other problems which ended up being programming errors. If it was just dead air messages, i wouldn't worry, they last for about 3 sec.The problem is messages that don't last even a second, just a click and vm prompts
Posted By: STS E Re: stse flash vm disconnects - 08/13/07 05:49 PM
Paul

You will have to duplicate this problem yourself.
You will have to spend some time and hear it with your own ears, in order to start a process of what it is that is failing.

If you cant get it to fail from off site dial in
its rather hard to say whats up.

Low gain would drop the call, cell phone cut-off,
and on and on.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you on this one. IMHO
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: stse flash vm disconnects - 08/13/07 06:20 PM
I'm willing to bet the issue is the carrier is not sending a disconnect signal.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help