atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jctsphone 616 Flex + voicemail - 08/23/07 06:26 AM
I noticed a msg light on the phones for a 616 flex the other day, is there a voicemail that you can put on that system, I have heard that vodavi has voicemails that work off of digital ports. The customer has told me that his old vendor said that a voicemail couldnt be put on the system, and I would like to come back and say that the system can handle voicemail.
Thanks
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: 616 Flex + voicemail - 08/23/07 06:47 AM
Indeed, Vodavi has VM's that work off digital ports. A 616 isn't digital.

I guess a 616 meets all the requirments for a VM system, MSG wait, CF-Busy, Flash to transfer, etc., so a good analog VM system and an SLA should be able to control the features.

The problem is that you don't get features like Follow-On-ID, so the auto attendant would have to stay with a call until it was answered, abandoned, or a message was left. Since the 616 has no endearing features, I'd suggest a newer system with better integration.

Carl
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: 616 Flex + voicemail - 08/23/07 08:22 AM
The 616 was not designed to be used with voicemail and does not support inband signaling. Not to mention that it has been discontinued for about 10 years.

Trust me, if you attempt to put a voice-mail system on a 616, you'll regret it.

Sorry to be a downer...
Posted By: STS E Re: 616 Flex + voicemail - 08/23/07 08:50 AM
WORDS OF WISDOM............ :nono:
Larry is correct.
Posted By: tampasteve Re: 616 Flex + voicemail - 08/23/07 10:09 AM
Seriously,
Like Larry said, trying to bolt a vmail on that is like trying to make a bear dance....it can be done, but more often than not you will get bit...
That system is quite old, more than likely it will be cheaper to buy a new digital system with vmail than to attemt to put vmail on that and then troubleshoot all the issues. It is time to upgrade.

Steve
Posted By: jctsphone Re: 616 Flex + voicemail - 08/23/07 11:38 AM
I figured that, I was just wondering because I saw the msg light. The customer does not want to upgrade at this time because soon they are going to be building a new site. They do not want to install a new system at the old site and move it to the new site(not sure why not). What happened was they were hit by lightning and called us to come out and look at it. Their old vendor said they had to get a whole new system. I said that we had a cabinet in our stock, and the customer wanted that because it was way less than a new system. Anyway the customer told me that the old vendor said voicemail was out of the question and I am not at any way good enough with Vodavi systems yet to have told them yes or no without asking first. Thanks for all of the replies
Posted By: county wide Re: 616 Flex + voicemail - 08/24/07 04:56 AM
if you want real basic it works i used
watson vbx on the regular 616's and 2448 ex
and worked fine
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help