atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: eastpointecc Recording New Message - 08/23/07 08:01 AM
This is probably not difficult, but I cannot find it in my manual. How do I record a new message that plays when someone calls? We had a big change in staff and nobody seems to know (we're a small office). We all changed our personal voicemail, but there is a recording that tells what extensions to dial for certain people and now the names don't match. Help is greatly appreciated!
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Recording New Message - 08/23/07 08:06 AM
Do you know what kind of voice mail is being used?
Posted By: eastpointecc Re: Recording New Message - 08/23/07 08:16 AM
We have a Starplus STS 24 button Vodavi phone. There are only five phones, four are being used and each of us has our own voicemail. Is that what you mean? It's just the first message that you hear when you call and nobody picks up that I need to change. There is a list of options and she says 'press 2 for list of extensions' and I need to change the names on that recording.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Recording New Message - 08/23/07 09:16 AM
Private message sent.
Posted By: gatorbeetle Re: Recording New Message - 08/23/07 08:45 PM
Ed. I am having the same issue. We took over a contract job, and the previous holder of the contract left the phone boxes and two phones. Starplus STS system. I need to get the old provider's info off the system. I have no install manual...no idea how to manage this system. My background is with Avaya Merlin systems. Please help!!! wink

Thanks!

Rob
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Recording New Message - 08/24/07 05:36 AM
Private message sent.
Posted By: spider Re: Recording New Message - 09/20/07 11:30 AM
I have this same question; I'm doing PC repair work at an office when the CFO asks if I can help him change things with the phones.

I'm working on a Starplus STSe.

After reading through some of the downloadable manuals, I'm wondering if this is something one could change in the System Administrator Mailbox menu? I would normally just check, but the password holders left already. I'm not asking for passwords, just if I'm looking in the right menu/direction.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Recording New Message - 09/21/07 01:35 PM
Yes, just about everything can be handled through the system administrator's mailbox menu. Sorry for the delay in responding. Your post slipped through the cracks. Welcome aboard! welcome
Posted By: zdh Re: Recording New Message - 10/20/09 10:56 AM
Hello, I am having a similar problem - not being able to record a new message. I have the manual, but it is not very helpful in telling me how to access the admin mailbox, which is where I assume the main line message greeting can be changed.
Posted By: justbill Re: Recording New Message - 10/20/09 11:08 AM
zdh, welcome to the board. Would you please open a new topic with your problem. The topic you've added your question to is pretty old.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help