atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dwflood T1/PRI combo card - 09/06/07 04:28 PM
The new T1/PRI card:

I've been told by a Vodavi tech support guy that this requires a cross-over cable. So I made the cable between my CSUs and the cards as a cross-over and the CSUs don't like it (shows EQ LOS).

I don't believe him, the old card did need a crossover cable if I'm not mistaken?

We're cutting over from a Definity to a 150 phone XTS on Saturday and am trying to avoid any problems in advance...
Posted By: oobie Re: T1/PRI combo card - 09/07/07 01:24 PM
if you are networking one of the ends need to be different but i don't belive it is a crossover. If i get a minute later today i will look up the wire scheme and try to email it to you.

I sent you an email DW if you reply with your address i will send you a word doc that i have for DB15 to RJ45 connectors. and yes the HUB end is different but i don't believe it is a standard crossover.
Posted By: dwflood Re: T1/PRI combo card - 09/07/07 05:00 PM
I'm not networking systems, just connecting to Telco. Smartjack to CSU to XTS - all are RJ-45. The DB-15 was on the older XTS cards before the combo card was available.

I don't know why tech support told me it takes a crossover, but I'll know for sure in the morning..

I would like a copy of your diagram though. PM sent.

Thanks much!
Posted By: EV607797 Re: T1/PRI combo card - 09/07/07 08:48 PM
Dave:

I've seen this, but it's usually been dependent upon the channel bank used in a fractional PRI situation. In fact, my office's system required a crossover cable behind a Carrier Access channel bank.

It's just a matter of pins 1 & 2 going to pins 4 & 5 and vice-versa. It's gotten to be such a crap shoot around here that we just carry both types of cables on the trucks.
Posted By: dwflood Re: T1/PRI combo card - 09/08/07 03:16 PM
The thing I don't understand is in Flash 40, Page B, Button 1. In the XTS, what is the difference between 'DID, TIE, TIE-DNIS, TIE-ANI?

According to the Telco, the T1's are ESF-B8ZS, Wink in, Wink out, 10 digit DNIS (DTMF), no ANI.

I could only get inbound and outbound calls to work by selecting TIE-ANI. This particular installation does not have ANI enabled by their carrier, just 10 digit DNIS/DID.

Also, in Flash 41, there are only 2-7 as valid values for '# digits DID', but telco is sending 10.

(BTW, it was all straight-thru as far as the wiring was concerned between the XTS-CSU-Smartjack)
Posted By: EV607797 Re: T1/PRI combo card - 09/08/07 09:13 PM
Really, the only difference between them is the location of the DNIS or ANI digits in the information string sent with the call. It determines where the caller ID information shows up on the LCD screens in most cases. You may need to pick the one that works best for your installation. DID is generally used for applications where no calling party information is being sent at all.

As for ten digits being sent, that's not really a big deal. In flash 41, you are determining the number of digits you will be IGNORING, not accepting. For example, if ten digits are set, but you have it set to three digits, then the system disregards everything else but the last three digits that are sent in the string.
Posted By: Tom N Re: T1/PRI combo card - 09/20/07 01:38 PM
Is the T1/Pri Combo card Compatable in the STS system or only the STSe? I have looked all thru the installation manuel for the STS and I dont see any info on this card. Just curious.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help