atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dosjock Mach 1 and 8 button phone - 09/18/07 06:56 AM
Recently replaced a Mach 1 ksu, new software version is V4.16 P02-2FE3 8 XTS Basic. System had one vodavi infinite 8 button set installed when the ksu was replaced. Trying to get a second 8 button installed. In F 50 B 1, shows the original set as key set inf 8 btn. Station lock is disabled. When I set the new station to 008 in F 50 B 1 it comes up as SP 8 btn, but phone does not come up. I know the phone is good as I can swap it with the other working phone. Any one know the ID code for an 8 btn set with this version of software? Also tried installing the set, with station lock disabled and rebooting the system, still does not come up.
Thanks
Posted By: Deltron Re: Mach 1 and 8 button phone - 09/18/07 07:11 AM
Unplug the phone and program the station port as an SLT. Plug the phone in and it should ID itself correctly.

--Bill.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Mach 1 and 8 button phone - 09/18/07 08:10 AM
It sounds like we are talking about a couple of different things here. First, the V4.16 software cannot be XTS basic. XTS software can't even be used on the Mach 1 KSU, so you should double check that. The fact that it's showing the additional phone as an SP 8 button leads me to believe that the KSU actually has Starplus operating software, not infinite. They aren't interchangeable. Then again, if you had Starplus software, the original 8 button set wouldn't work either. You should be able to ID the set as a "1" and it will automatically determine how many buttons are valid.

Don't forget that there are 8-bit and 16-bit processors on this system, so it's possible that the program modules won't be compatible between them. Still, it's worth a try. I would try reusing the program module from the other KSU to see if it will come up that way. Be sure to open the program module and check the labels on the EEPROM chips. If the part number begins with "IN", then you have infinite software. If it's just a number (5020 or 5021), then it's Starplus.
Posted By: adteldon Re: Mach 1 and 8 button phone - 09/18/07 11:46 AM
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but is it possible that you are trying to add a Triad 8 button phone ? If so, I don't believe it's compatible with the Mach 1 system. However I am confused by the XTS software that you mentioned. I don't see how that software would even work in a MACH 1. Maybe you upgraded them to an XTS ? Sorry if I have made this more confusing, I possibly read it wrong. Maybe Ed should respond after more info is given.
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Mach 1 and 8 button phone - 09/18/07 12:55 PM
Well, when Dosjock responds perhaps things will clear up...but after re-reading the post it seems like he replaced a Mach 1 with a XTS or XTSc?

"Recently replaced a Mach 1 ksu, new software version is V4.16 P02-2FE3 8 XTS Basic."

If this is the case that might explain the software issue....

Steve
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Mach 1 and 8 button phone - 09/18/07 05:52 PM
No chance of that. The XTS isn't up to that level, in fact version 3 just came out fairly recently. 4.16 was the last version for the Mach 1, Triad and DVX+ families of systems. Then there's also the issue that the XTS uses flash memory and upgrades, while the aforementioned systems used EEPROMS.
Posted By: Deltron Re: Mach 1 and 8 button phone - 09/19/07 06:01 AM
I have a set of software that said the same thing when I updated a Triad 1.

It supports both Infinite and Triad phones. I haven't tried the 8 btn sets but the other Triad, Infinite and Uni phones work.
Posted By: dosjock Re: Mach 1 and 8 button phone - 09/19/07 12:47 PM
Both sets are IN 9011. Software versiom comes from 605 at station 100
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help