atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MNCommunications Ranger Ringing - 04/22/08 11:54 AM
I had a location with an STS inskin flash vm two buisness' one 30 button three 8 button and one ranger. In business A call comes in ring assingment is the 30 button and the ranger the 8 button in this office is set for call coverage. Now not all the time but some when a call comes in and is answered by the 30 or 8 button, the call will continue to ring on the ranger long into the call. You can't hear it ringing thru the handset you are talking on but will continue to ring the ranger handset. After the call is done and the handset placed down the ranger will still show that line as in use and the line is now seized, it will eventually clear itself after app 10 min. There is not alot of programming involved in this office so I'm not sure what kind of an issue it is. The software was updated when the ranger was installed so I don't think that is an issue. But the client is a pain and doesn't think he needs the ranger now so we'll just give him full value to take it out but i'm wondering if anyone has had this happen and the cause.
Posted By: Xcountry Re: Ranger Ringing - 04/23/08 08:38 PM
This is a known issue with the rangers. Ive got three different sites with this problem. We have switched bases, batteries and phones. I also have a bunch of sites with rangers and no problems. But it will ring when it wants or keep ringing like you said. Most of the time the only way to get it to stop is to remove the battery.
Posted By: MNCommunications Re: Ranger Ringing - 04/24/08 06:39 AM
Good to know thanks.
Posted By: zarrenv Re: Ranger Ringing - 04/25/08 04:21 PM
Vodavi stated to me, they have a software patch for this ringing problem. Loaded it Tuesday. But my customer is telling me it isn't working. He has five of them. frustrating

Xcountry What kind of range are you getting out of the rangers?
Posted By: Xcountry Re: Ranger Ringing - 04/25/08 07:38 PM
The regular rangers is about the same as a cheap cordless from best buy. If you get the spectrum ranger (not sure whats the part number) its got about 300 feet or so. I always try to talk them into getting the spectrum ranger it seems to work better then the regular ranger.
Posted By: Vidcorp Re: Ranger Ringing - 11/19/08 05:06 PM
I have the same problem on one of my customer sites. The Ranger rings for no reason and will not stop. It is on an STSe system. I checked with Tech support to make sure the STSe had the right ver. software and it does. Any other solutions to this problem?
Posted By: Xcountry Re: Ranger Ringing - 11/22/08 12:16 PM
It should be ver. 2.0 I believe. I installed a system with that version and havnt had any problems with the ranger!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help