atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Moxiegrl77 Can't access the admin menu - 06/26/08 10:30 AM
We just bought a Vodavi Dispatch system and we're trying to clear it off from the previous users and start fresh. But we're having a heck of a time trying to even gain access to the admin menu. We have the manual for it but we are confused why we can't do what it tells us we should be able to do. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if there is info I left out. Thanks! smile
Posted By: Derrick Re: Can't access the admin menu - 06/26/08 11:36 AM
I think we need more info..like how are you conecting, what kind of cable are you using (you need to use a null-modem cable which should have come with a new Dispatch) that sort of thing. The admin menu stays grayed out until you have established a talking connection with the Dispatch.
Posted By: Moxiegrl77 Re: Can't access the admin menu - 06/26/08 11:50 AM
One of the guys in the office is doing it, he's using the laptop to connect to the box. He's using hyperterminal to connect. We don't have the admin software to use so he's doing it through the hyperterminal with a null-modem cable. Last night he established connection on the laptop with the box and reset everything but it didn't work. So obviously we're not doing something right. If someone has the admin software or if someone knows how we can get a hold of it that'd be great. Thank you!
Posted By: Phone_installer Re: Can't access the admin menu - 06/26/08 12:26 PM
I do believe that I have it on 3-1/2 floppies!!
I don't want to part with them, but I have no means to copy either.

Bob
[email protected]
Posted By: adteldon Re: Can't access the admin menu - 06/26/08 12:53 PM
Call Vodavi and they should be able to send you a link to download the software. 888-422-2305.
Posted By: Moxiegrl77 Re: Can't access the admin menu - 06/26/08 12:55 PM
Well we tried that but since we aren't installers they won't give us any information on anything. So we're kinda stuck. The place we hired to help isn't really helping either. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Can't access the admin menu - 06/26/08 01:19 PM
You cannot use HyperTerminal at all. You will need the proprietary software and a null-modem cable. I will send you a PM.
Posted By: Moxiegrl77 Re: Can't access the admin menu - 06/26/08 01:22 PM
Ed,

Great, thanks for your help. I'll look forward to your PM.

Amanda
Posted By: Phone_installer Re: Can't access the admin menu - 06/28/08 06:42 PM
Ed,

Every Dispatch that I've installed was connected directly to a serial port. I'm authorized with Vertical but not currently registered. As soon as I get registered I should be able to get the Admin program.

Bob
Posted By: Phone_installer Re: Can't access the admin menu - 07/10/08 12:27 PM
Amanda,

I've emailed you the Admin and Ecom. Obviously, you will need a null modem for the Ecom.

Bob
Phone_Installer
Posted By: greg12345654321 Re: Can't access the admin menu - 12/15/08 11:45 AM
I have the same issue as the original poster. I bought a replacement unit from another company and want to reprogram. I bought and downloaded the technical manual. From chapter 500, it appears that we should be able to re-program the messages and the menu by calling into it with 711#.

However, this doesn't work from any of our phone sets. Can we really do this or do we need administrative software?

Thanks!
Greg
Posted By: Derrick Re: Can't access the admin menu - 12/15/08 01:28 PM
Gotta have the admin software.
Check out my site under documentation.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help