atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: matt b Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/22/08 03:30 PM
Our operator has a phone with two DSS consoles attached. We were moving our operator when my tech plugged a phone into the ext. where the first DSS was supposed to be. After that I cannot get that DSS to come back on. What I'm guessing has happened is that in the system that extension (ext 140) is now a regular phone extension instead of a DSS extension. How do I go about changing that back so I can use the DSS again?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offier. It will be greatly appreciated.

-Matt
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/22/08 03:55 PM
You are correct. The system defaulted that port back to a phone instead of a DSS console. You need to go into station programming and on page B, button 1 for that extension port, program it as a 1+the paired telephone extension number.

I might also add that you should activate the station lock feature to prevent this from happening again under system features 06, button 8.
Posted By: matt b Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/22/08 05:16 PM
I was reading the programming manual for doing this and I wasn't clear if I had to program the extension for her phone or for her DSS station. Her ext is 1251, the DSS station is 1140. What do I type in exactly (if you don't mind a little hand holding here)? I would greatly appreciate it.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/22/08 05:27 PM
2 + 1251 when programming the station type for X1140. You will then need to program the individual buttons through station programming however you see fit if they don't match the original layout. This default button layout will cover the first 48 stations on the system, regardless of extension numbers.
Posted By: matt b Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/22/08 07:08 PM
So does the 2 in the "2 + 1251" mean MAP 2?
Posted By: oobie Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/23/08 05:23 AM
Yes that is what the 2 refers to.
Posted By: matt b Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/23/08 06:24 AM
Ok, my directions under "Station ID for DSS/BLF Console with Map" say:

1. Press the STATION ID flexible button (FLASH 50, Page B, Button #1)
How do I get to page B?

2. Dial [1-5] on the dial pad to identify the DSS map number.
ok, I got this part I need map #2

3. Enter a valid station number tow hich the DSS/BLF Console is associated.
So, this is the ext of the operator's phone, correct?

4 Press HOLD to save the entry. A confirmation tone sounds and the display updates.

Where in all of this does it know I am working with ext 1140?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/23/08 06:39 AM
Originally posted by matt b:
Where in all of this does it know I am working with ext 1140?
Ummm, look at your step 3.

"3. Enter a valid station number tow hich the DSS/BLF Console is associated."
Posted By: matt b Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/23/08 08:45 AM
Ok, that is where I am confused. The DSS station is attached to ext 1140, her phone is ext 1251. In step three do I enter 1251 or do I enter 1140?
Posted By: matt b Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/23/08 09:01 AM
And when I say "The DSS station is attached to ext 1140" I mean that DSS box actually hooks into port 1140 on the phone system. Not that it is associated with ext 1140, it IS ext 1140.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/23/08 03:03 PM
program ext 1140 as map 2 associated with ext 1251
Posted By: matt b Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/24/08 06:43 AM
Ok, I'm getting more confused so let me start a step up.

In the step "(FLASH 50, Page B, Button #1)"
how do I get to "Page B". I enter FLASH 50 and it says "STATION ATTRIBUTES" "SELECT A STATION RANGE"

What do I do at this point.
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/24/08 07:26 AM
I would say this is where you call a technician who knows what they are doing. You're obviously in over your head.
Posted By: matt b Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/24/08 07:36 AM
There are no technicians in the area and I have no budget. I have done this before but it has been a few years.
Posted By: MNCommunications Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/24/08 08:04 AM
I think I see your confusion. The DSS has to be associated with a device(30button phone). If the phone is 1251 thats fine. The DSS even though it doesn't have a display is still a system device that is why it is extension 1140. When you select a station range that is 1140 twice. You change it to map 2 and you associate it with extention 1251 because that is the extension it is near. You could associate it with any extension on the system.
Posted By: matt b Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/24/08 09:17 AM
Ok, I think I'm getting somewhere now...

These are the steps I take and where I get hung.

**(admin code)
FLASH 50
(the system shows: "STATION ATTRIBUTES" "SELECT A STATION RANGE")
I enter 1140 1140 as my range
...then what? It stays on that "STATION ATTRIBUTES" "SELECT A STATION RANGE" display after I enter my range.

I'm confused on the "Page B, Button #1"
Posted By: oobie Re: Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station - 07/24/08 03:11 PM
If you are reading from the manual and have listened to the suggestions that the other members have told you and you still are not sure, I do believe that you are in over your head.

You can contact any of the above members via PM and they may be willing to help you but it may be at a charge. The info that you are looking for is not end-user info and with all the tips that were given to you and you still do not understand I would say that you need professional help.

I hope you understand.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help