atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: modata Vodavi Voice message repeated - 11/17/08 12:11 PM
We are using a Vodavi Digital Talk Path system on an old Mod# 5000-00 system. We are having an issue with the "Please leave a message" at the end of every recorded personal message the Phone extension owner saves. I would appreciate any help with how to rectify this problem.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi Voice message repeated - 11/17/08 03:02 PM
Check the "COS" option in your admin program for the COS being used by these mailboxes (usually 100). Click on the "message" tab, then on the lower-right side of the page labeled "caller". Make sure that "Record Options On" is not checked. If you desire, you may also make sure that "Last Options On" is turned off. That should remove this condition for you.

welcome
Posted By: modata Re: Vodavi Voice message repeated - 11/24/08 01:13 PM
Thank you EV607797, for your assistance. I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.
Posted By: modata Re: Vodavi Voice message repeated - 11/26/08 07:26 AM
Ed (EV607797,
I have not tried procedure yet because I am waiting on a null modem from our other location.

I do have another question about the same system.
We are using the DND for the auto-attendant (ext#100) and when an extention is dialed to be transfered by the caller, there is a long pause while the extension dialed is ringing. I want to have the silence to be filled with the ringing if possible or some other media.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi Voice message repeated - 11/26/08 07:37 AM
It depends upon the software level of the phone system. If "ringback tone on transfer" is enabled in system features (flash 06, button 11) then the caller will hear ringback tone during the transfer process. If not enabled, then the caller is basically placed on hold and will hear nothing unless music on hold is connected to the system.
Posted By: modata Re: Vodavi Voice message repeated - 11/26/08 11:39 AM
I have tried both suggestions and the later work like magic.
The "COS" settings did not. DO I need to restart the Talk Path?
If not do you have any other suggestions.
You as a god in my eyes after spending hours going through the pdf files trying to find a fix.
Thanks,
Mark.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi Voice message repeated - 11/26/08 12:01 PM
Go To Class of Service, click the Message tab and look at Greeting type. Make sure that Personal is checked and the System Add On box is NOT checked.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi Voice message repeated - 11/26/08 12:04 PM
I'm confused as to what worked and what didn't. Would you mind elaborating?
Posted By: modata Re: Vodavi Voice message repeated - 11/28/08 08:39 AM
The "Ring back on Tone" Flash 06, Button 11, worked the first time.
The repeated message at the end of the reording did not work. The Record option on was not checked, so it was not resolved until your last post which was the System AddOn greeting to be unchecked. It resolved all the posted problems. You are the man, Ed.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi Voice message repeated - 11/28/08 11:55 AM
Excellent. Happy to assist. Thanks for checking back to let everyone know how it worked out.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi Voice message repeated - 11/28/08 12:59 PM
That'w what we are here for.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help