atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MNCommunications XTSC PRI Fax - 11/19/08 09:47 AM
I have a site that has an XTSC with a pri card and bringing in 11 voice channles. They are using 7 DID's in the system. Basically one for every person and the fax. They are having some issues with the fax when sending or recieving a long fax say more than three pages. Is there anything I can change as far as the system to take care of this or I could have the t1 provider change or is the best bet to bring another line in. The goal they wanted was to consolidate which is why the fax is coming over a t1. Best choice in everyone's opinion?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: XTSC PRI Fax - 11/19/08 09:55 AM
Slips will cause this, but I doubt that this is your problem. You can "tune down" the fax print quality and it will probably work OK. My guess is that the service provider is delivering the PRI via VOIP from a soft switch. These do not handle analog data transmissions well at all.
Posted By: MNCommunications Re: XTSC PRI Fax - 11/19/08 10:16 AM
I have a couple of changes to make on the system today so I figured I would put a call into their provider and see what they have going on on their side.

I have a larger office bldg in town that has multiple DID's running to a common fax for multiple business' and have never had a problem with any of them.

The difference is the two locations are two different providers so could very well be the case that this provider is using a soft switch. Thanks Ed I'll make sure to ask.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help