atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: GreggM Ranger Beeping - 04/06/09 08:03 AM
Hello All,
Thanks for all the great info on this site! You guys are great. This is my first post.

I have an ongoing issue with a Ranger (long range 3013-00) installed on an STSe in a restaurant...the phone rings intermittantly for no apparent reason. I have tried two different phones, plus a 3014-00 -- they all do it. We replaced the switch - still does it. Powering down & then powering back up the Ranger's power supply gets it to stop for awhile, but it always comes back, within minutes, hours, or a day or so. Vodavi Tech Support had us upgrade software - didn't correct it.

The customer is frustrated, and I have temporarily installed an EnGenius, but they don't like the analog user commands (& we don't like the price)

Anyone ever encountered this?
Is it a "restaurant-interference" thing?

btw, we have installed many other Rangers & Wanderers elsewhere, they all work fine...

thanks in advance,
Gregg
Posted By: Supert8ch Re: Ranger Beeping - 04/06/09 10:43 AM
How are the lines setup, do they ring through to the sets or doe they hunt or do you have some other setup going. You could adjust the ring timer I am not sure what code it is at this time. But set it for all lines so that there will be a single ring the system will not get then the second ring will ring the system. Drawing little blank here on the setting as I deal more with the STS. I do think it is called ring delay.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Ranger Beeping - 04/06/09 01:18 PM
Make sure that in flash 40 co line programming that the extension is not assigned to ring.
Posted By: oobie Re: Ranger Beeping - 04/06/09 01:21 PM
Yes check Flash 40 like derrick said and if it needs to ring program a Ringing Call coverage key on the Ranger for a phone that rings.
Posted By: GreggM Re: Ranger Beeping - 04/06/09 01:22 PM
Thanks for the reply, Supert8ch. The 2 COs ring to all (6, including the cordless) extensions. Since I have never heard the problem happen myself(because of course it won't do it when I am standing there), I am not sure if it is related to CO ringing or not.
The bar acts like it is not - they say it is completely random, and the cordless has to be unplugged to make it stop. So then answering a CO, if that is the cause, would also make it stop?
Posted By: GreggM Re: Ranger Beeping - 04/06/09 01:32 PM
Thanks also, Derrick & oobie - the cordless (ext 149, btw) is indeed programmed to ring on both COs. I will remove the ringing and try the ringing call coverage button.

But I'm not removing the EnGenius just yet...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help