atcomsystems.ca/forum
I am having an issue where the adtran into my vodavi starplus with digital voice mail blue box is not answering calls.
We have the t1 setup from the adtran and it lights up green on the board but no calls come in it just rings on the callers end as if no one is here, not even voice mail or auto attendant picks up.
Now cincy bell says that channel one is not releasing on my phone switch and I have worked a ton with these evolve folks to the point where i believe they have went through all the hoops to make sure it is not their system it is in my phone system. any ideas? How do i check the timing to see if the phone system is setup to receive the timing from the adtran?
Not sure if this has anything to do with the voicemail system at all but it will not answer and unplugging the ethernet cable coming from my adtran to the phow switch will resync it and calls come in immediatly. During this time calls can be made out as well.
You appear to have a couple of issues.

1. If your voice mail is not answering, always try to internally access your mailbox 1st because if it responds to internal retrieval, then any answering problem is not the VM unit. If it does not answer, you may need to power cycle the voice mail system. This is often a symptom of a failing HD.

2. If there is always a voice mail port in-use that releases when you resynch the T1, you could have a disconnect issue.

3. If calls fail either in or out, unplugging the T1 cable to the KSU can resynchronize the T1 circuit. I personally prefer unplugging the T1 cable where it goes into the Adtran. That way there is no keep alive circuitry involved. This doesn't affect the voice mail except in the case where calls were not arriving to the system at all.

4. Because you mention channels and "Ethernet" cable to the KSU, you are obviously using the Adran as a CSU/DSU and not a Channel Bank. What does your provider see if you unplug the "Ethernet" cable going to the KSU from the Adtran "Equipment" jack. The Adtran will have a "Keep Alive" fuction and if your provider still sees the channel not releasing when the system is disconnected, I would ask them to do more testing.

5. The CPB board has 8 LEDs. LED 8 shows if the clock setting is enabled for the board or the provider. There are 3 possible boards, a T-1, a PRI and a combo board. I don't remember off the top of my head if these board dip switches are all identical.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help