atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: zdh Creating A Main Greeting - 10/20/09 12:47 PM
Hello,

I have a 30 Button Executive Key Telephone and I am trying to re-record the main greeting outside callers hear when they phone the number. In order to do this, I understand I must access the Administrative Mailbox, which I do not know how to do. I do have the manual; however, it has not proved very helpful. Thank You.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Creating A Main Greeting - 10/20/09 01:27 PM
What kind of voice mail do you have? They are a few that work with the phone you mentioned.
Posted By: zdh Re: Creating A Main Greeting - 10/20/09 01:58 PM
I honestly don't know, DrPbx, I'm sorry. Is there some way for me to find out?
Posted By: MnDave Re: Creating A Main Greeting - 10/20/09 03:25 PM
Vodavi has 2 external voicemail systems and 2 internal ones. Is there an external metal cabinet or free standing PC near your Key Service Unit?
If not, you probably have the internal VM card. When you are in your mailbox retrieving your messages, what happens if instead of pressing 1 to retrieve, you press 7 instead? Do you get a password prompt? if not, you have the internal flash vm. Awaiting your findings...
Posted By: zdh Re: Creating A Main Greeting - 10/20/09 04:03 PM
There is no external cabinet, so I'm going to go with it being an internal vm. Since I am now away from the location of the phone, I will give your suggestion a try and let you know tomorrow!
Posted By: zdh Re: Creating A Main Greeting - 10/21/09 12:16 PM
It's typical I forget this vital information after leaving work, but the way I get into the voice mail system is a hotkey - something labeled for the voicemail specifically. However, I did try and hit 7 while I was in the messaging system, but it didn't work of course because the only thing it's really good for is the voicemail and not changing things like the main greeting. Any other suggestion MNDAVE? Thank you!
Posted By: zdh Re: Creating A Main Greeting - 10/26/09 10:21 AM
Does anyone else have a suggestion? I still have not been able to discover the means of changing the main greeting...
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Creating A Main Greeting - 10/26/09 11:01 AM
Welcome to the board!

Have you tried to contact the original installer of the equipment for help? Our company keeps detailed records of our installs so that we can help our customers in situation like yours. Hopefully your installer does as well.

You're going to find that we can't help a whole lot with your situation in the open forum. We're suppose to keep responses limited to the information contained in the user guides.

In other words, if someone was to give detailed instructions on how to change a greeting for a High School's phone system, can you imagine what a not-so-nice person could do?
Posted By: zdh Re: Creating A Main Greeting - 10/26/09 11:25 AM
I completely understand, I certainly wouldn't want someone with ill intentions to access our phone system. My next logical step was to contact the installer and hopefully they're still in business, able to help, etc. Thank you for your response and hopefully I can get this situation fixed ASAP!
Posted By: MnDave Re: Creating A Main Greeting - 10/27/09 09:44 AM
Sorry to have been away from the post. You appear to have the Flash voice mail. changing the main greeting on the Flash VM requires you to have the administrator password.
PM sent.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help