atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gamecock Vodavi Talkpath - 12/18/09 08:26 AM
I have a digital talkpath that will not boot up. When monitoring boot process through ecom, it goes through its process then says no bootable device available. Options are R-Reboot, S-Setup and ESC-BIOS Debugger. Is this propably a bad or corrupt hard drive? Is there anyway to perform a check of the disk? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi Talkpath - 12/18/09 08:45 AM
If the original boot process doesn't complete, there's not much hope of checking the drive. Yes, they do fail fairly consistently. I'm going to send you a PM with information about obtaining a solid state replacement drive.
Posted By: adteldon Re: Vodavi Talkpath - 12/18/09 01:00 PM
Ed, are you talking about the new flash based that fits into the HD chassis? I put one in last week and it went very well.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi Talkpath - 12/18/09 02:03 PM
Yes, I've used about a dozen of them so far and don't know how we got by without them. They are so much more reliable than the HDDs we were getting.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Vodavi Talkpath - 12/19/09 07:13 AM
I just did my first conversion to a compact flash this week. I don't know how I got by without them either! Customers are frantic when their voice mail dies and it never occurs at a convenient time. And to think this solution never occurred to me except through being a part of this great forum!
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: Vodavi Talkpath - 12/19/09 09:50 PM
hey Ed, can you send me a PM as well, I never knew that we could do this, we always have to replace the hdd with another one. Thanks in advance
Posted By: phoneguy10 Re: Vodavi Talkpath - 12/28/09 02:03 PM
I cannot tell you how many hard drives we have replaced on the talkpath. Nice voice mail, does a lot, flexible but the laptop hard drives do not hold up. I have been a Vodavi/Vertical dealer since '02 and it has always been this way. You can back up the hard drives a couple of ways (serial back up takes forever), but if it says no bootable device, kiss it good bye.
Posted By: phoneguy10 Re: Vodavi Talkpath - 12/28/09 02:05 PM
Where do you get the flash based drive for the talk path? Thanks
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi Talkpath - 12/28/09 02:24 PM
PM sent.
Posted By: VodaviTech Re: Vodavi Talkpath - 11/23/10 05:31 AM
I have a 2-port Analog Dispatch. When I hookup ECOM it comes up with Embedded BIOS Debugger Divide by Zero Trap, some lines of data and then an EB43DBG: prompt. It does NOT allow me to type anything nor does it allow me to hit CTRL^C to get into setup. Ed, I read something in this post about a flash based solid state replacement drive. I'm assumning (not good) it doesn't matter if it's an analog or digital dispatch. Could you please send me a PM about obtaining the necessary information. Thank you in advance.
Posted By: Central Coast Tom Re: Vodavi Talkpath - 11/23/10 08:09 AM
would like to know about the flash based drive for the talk path. have some hard drives that about to go out also.
Posted By: oobie Re: Vodavi Talkpath - 11/23/10 01:28 PM
Yes the replacement flash drives are sweet. Esp to do a back up. Pull it out and stick in a card reader!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help