atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Derrick XTS spontaneous reset. - 12/21/09 11:41 AM
I had an XTS with reset problem. It would just do it on its own about every two hours. I replaced the cpu card, just becasue it was the fasted way to take care of the problem. I suspect there was a corrupt database in the original cpu. They had a couple of major power outages. The system was an fp 2.0 upgrade from 1.xx now it is a 2.10. I do have one thing happening...if I dump the etrace error log, I get a 2000 error, sev 1, cal postion 10 or sometimes 11 ignore cmd error. I don't know what that is. I think it has something to do with their standalone digital Pathfinder, but not sure. Any one know what this error might be?
Posted By: MnDave Re: XTS spontaneous reset. - 12/21/09 05:01 PM
I had this happen to me a few years ago but my documentation is weak. It was on a 2.0 and I also found the system had PRI errors. We upgraded it to 2.23 because a full database print in FP2.0 would always cause a reset when it got to the station data. I have no record of any resets recurring after that.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: XTS spontaneous reset. - 12/21/09 05:03 PM
Derrick:

I think that 2.10 was doomed from the onset. I seem to recall that 2.00 or 2.20+ are the only stable and reliable versions of FP2. I know that 2.10 didn't stay around very long and I think that bugs were the reasons.
Posted By: Derrick Re: XTS spontaneous reset. - 12/21/09 05:49 PM
I bet the 2.10 errors were Windba upload download problems. The upload to the card scrambled all the stations.
Posted By: dwflood Re: XTS spontaneous reset. - 12/21/09 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Derrick:
I bet the 2.10 errors were Windba upload download problems. The upload to the card scrambled all the stations.
I've never had much luck with WinDBA, especially with larger systems. I cringe when a customer asks if there is a gui admin for the XTS...
Posted By: oobie Re: XTS spontaneous reset. - 12/22/09 06:16 AM
Originally posted by dwflood:
Originally posted by Derrick:
[b] I bet the 2.10 errors were Windba upload download problems. The upload to the card scrambled all the stations.
I've never had much luck with WinDBA, especially with larger systems. I cringe when a customer asks if there is a gui admin for the XTS... [/b]
I totally agree! I know that 2.22.3 was a very stable load. I had a customer that i just took to 4.00.2 over the weekend but had been on the 2.22.3 for a long time.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help