atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Sarge Starplys 96EX - 01/27/10 10:12 AM
How exactly is DND supposed to work? If I hit the DND button on my phone, nobody else sees me in DND and anyone can still call me.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Starplys 96EX - 01/27/10 10:59 AM
1. I don't think that the Attendant phone is allowed to have DND
2. The station has to be programmed to be allowed to have DND in Station Programming section. I think by default, all of the other stations are allowed to have it---you'll have to go into programming to see for sure what stations are programmed to have it----and program accordingly.
Posted By: Sarge Re: Starplys 96EX - 01/27/10 11:14 AM
oh, my phone is programmed as an attendant. I'll take it off the attendant list and see what happens.

All phones are set for DND capability.

What is the proper functionality of DND? How is it supposed to work?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Starplys 96EX - 01/27/10 11:37 AM
It basically marks a station as busy when turned on. If busy or busy/no answer forwarding is active on the station, then calls to it (internal or external) will immediately forward to the forwarding destination without ringing the phone. When DND is turned on, essentially no calls can reach the extension, including paging.

The DND button on the attendant's station is not actually do not disturb. The function of this button changes to controlling the day/night mode instead.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Starplys 96EX - 01/27/10 11:38 AM
Activating Do Not Disturb

If you have been given the ability to place your phone in DND, press the DND button. Do not lift handset. DND button lights steady.

Removing Do Not Disturb

1. Remain On-hook
2. Press DND button
3. The button LED extinguishes

I'm thinking that if other phones have a DSS/BLF programmed of that phone in DND---the LED lights steady. When you call an extension in DND, I think you get a "fast busy".
Posted By: Sarge Re: Starplys 96EX - 01/27/10 12:24 PM
ok, that's it. The attendant can't have dnd, and I was the attendant.

thanks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help