atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: systemitch DHS-E line assignment question - 02/07/10 12:59 PM
We have a DHS-E system. We want to add a line to a phone. I have been working through the book. I did the Database Programming CO Line Assign, & Ring Assignment. Now the line rings but you can't pick it up. So I found the "Flexible Line Assignment" programming steps. It seem our book is not for this version or something. A lot of the things the book says I will see are a little different form what I see on the system. I think I just need to do the "Flexible Line Assignment" but can't seem to fine the right code or way that is done.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?
Thanks
Posted By: DrPbx Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/07/10 01:51 PM
Check flexible button programming. You need to add the CO to a button or have a loop button & trunk access code. I don't have a manual in front of me or I could be more specific.
Posted By: Ray01 Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/07/10 02:58 PM
DHS-E has FP 3 and FP 2. See which one you have.
Look under RESOURCE page 180
Posted By: Ray01 Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/07/10 03:01 PM
scratch that page, its 71
Posted By: systemitch Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/07/10 05:16 PM
Thanks for the replys. It's the Flexible Line Assignment i think I'm having trouble with.I did the Database Programming & now the line rings on the phone, but you can't answer it. I think because it doesn't seem to have a button. I think that's the Flexible Line Assignment part. So I did the "feat" button "#3" dialed "0" and the CO line number "706" That didn't work this is the part of the book that seem wrong. When I do the "feat" button "#3" I get a display that has 2 options. I forget them right now (I go back in to the office tomorrow) But it's like Feature & something else. So I hit the "feat" button then I wants a feature code. So I think CO lines have a feature code + the line number.

I think that's what I need.
Whats the feature code for "Flexible Line Assignment"?

Am I on the right path?
The boss would be all smiles if I could finish this Monday.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/07/10 07:40 PM
When you dial F#3 and then press a line key---what do you get in the display? Do that on every line key. Then do that for the button that you want your new line to be on, and put the next line code in for that particular line. that should put that line on that key. Test it for DT. Then test for ringing.
Posted By: Ray01 Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/07/10 07:53 PM
CO line 706 is for a DHS-L not E. Which do you have. After you press #3, press programmable button.
Posted By: systemitch Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/08/10 08:26 AM
When I dial F#3 & press a line key I get "CO701" "CO702" &"CO703" ect.. The book I have says systems with line is the 700's are the DHS-E But I will look for a book on the DHS-L
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/08/10 09:39 AM
According to the manuals I'm looking at, the 700 range is for a DHS-L----the range for DHS & DHS-E is 01,02,03 etc. The DHS-L is a larger cabinet with slots in it and cards that slide in.

If you dial F#3, there should be a "Change" option on the softkeys, so that you can put in the correct C.O. line code--(the next one for your new line). Then just test it.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/08/10 10:36 AM
The DHS-E does use 701, 702, 703, etc. for the CO Lines. 01, 02, 03, etc, is used for the plain DHS.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/08/10 11:11 AM
There ya go....I thought the DHS & DHS-E were the same manual. Systemitch---you should be good to go, then.
Posted By: systemitch Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/09/10 10:44 AM
Does any know the actual feature code? The PDF's take a wile to down load & it's hard to tell witch one is right till you download it.

Thanks
Posted By: systemitch Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/09/10 11:57 AM
Ya I don't know the book says I should have a "soft button" "co ln" I only get 2 choices "sta" & "feat" The phone has a display so it should be a "executive Model" so I'm at a loss. I guess for some reason this can't be done.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/09/10 01:44 PM
Try putting the CO line code in the "Sta". See what happens. Are you sure it isn't saying "Dir" & "Feat"??
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/09/10 02:01 PM
To program a CO button: (DHS-E only)
1. Dial [1] + line number.
2. Press [HOLD]
Posted By: OldH2oSkier Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/09/10 02:47 PM
When you go into programming (without spelling out the password) are you using 0's or #'s?
Posted By: systemitch Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/10/10 08:23 AM
RWRacedog
I will have to go back to that office to check to see if it was "dir" & "feat" that sounds like you may be on to something. what would that mean if it was "dir"? I think it is dir I thought if I went to "feat" I could put it in with a F-code but couldn't find one that works.

nfcphoneman
once I do the "feat""#3" i get the soft keys & it doesn't seen to take the
1. Dial [1] + line number.
2. Press [HOLD]

Oldh2oSkier
The Database Programming password uses 0's not #'s
But no password is required to get into get into the phone/Flexible button programming

Thanks
Posted By: OldH2oSkier Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 02/10/10 09:04 AM
Then you have a DHS-E system and you would use DIR which stands for directory number which is what the 701, 702 are.
Posted By: harleyman Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 03/02/10 09:32 AM
I am trying to locate dial for the Vodavi 1414-71 phones.

Thank You
Harley Man
Posted By: harleyman Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 03/02/10 09:32 AM
sorry make tahat dial pads.
Posted By: justbill Re: DHS-E line assignment question - 03/02/10 09:42 AM
You'd probably get a better response starting a new topic rather than attaching to an existing one. I'd also post it in Buy/Sell if I were you.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help