atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nfcphoneman STS Flash Voice-Mail Day/Night Greeting - 02/16/10 03:36 PM
Have a customer with an STSe and a Flash VM which has been in for a few years. The auto-attendant is not changing to the night greeting like it should at 5:30PM.

All of the settings look good:
Open & Close Schedule: 8:30AM Open, 5:30PM Close
AA Configuration: Day Greeting 1, CCR 1 -All Channels, Night Greeting 2, CCR 2 -All Channels.

Day greeting plays after 5:30. Any thoughts?
Posted By: Derrick Re: STS Flash Voice-Mail Day/Night Greeting - 02/16/10 08:45 PM
Well, the obvious question that a Tech would ask is the time and date correct? But I assume if it wasn't the greeting would change at the wrong time as opposed to not at all. Maybe somebody chaged the operating mode from mode 3 auto to mode 1 day only. That is done through the phone admin not with a laptop.
The time is correct. Checked it on the KSU and the Flash.

Does the operating mode affect the voice-mail day/night schedule? I thought the flash was independent.
Posted By: oobie Re: STS Flash Voice-Mail Day/Night Greeting - 02/17/10 06:37 AM
Yeah the operating mode does affect it, straight from the manual:

The following are the System Operating Mode Numbers and their meanings.
􀂆 Mode 1 - Fixed Day Mode: the system is in Day Mode all of the time.
􀂆 Mode 2 - Fixed Night Mode: the system is in Night Mode all of the time.
􀂆 Mode 3 - Automatic Mode: the system follows the Open & Close times as programmed
Posted By: justbill Re: STS Flash Voice-Mail Day/Night Greeting - 02/17/10 07:16 AM
I'm sure no voicemail expert, but I'm with nfcphoneman. I always thought the day night greeting was independent of the day night mode .
Posted By: DrPbx Re: STS Flash Voice-Mail Day/Night Greeting - 02/17/10 08:50 AM
Later versions of the Talkpath/Dispatch voice mail can follow the day/night settings of the KSU if needed or run their own schedule. It is actually a nice feature. Not sure on the flash for STS.
Posted By: Ray01 Re: STS Flash Voice-Mail Day/Night Greeting - 02/17/10 09:15 AM
oobie is correct - I had a problem just like it
Posted By: oobie Re: STS Flash Voice-Mail Day/Night Greeting - 02/17/10 09:25 AM
It's not the mode of the STS it's the mode of the Flash voice mail. The only reason I knew about it was we had a client accidentally turn it on at one time and they called and said that it was playing the night message all the time.
Thanks for the info. Are we just talking about the operator's DND being used to toggle Day/Night/Special, or someone using a night service button (631)?

The programming is set for automatic. This site is a couple of hours away...
Posted By: Derrick Re: STS Flash Voice-Mail Day/Night Greeting - 02/17/10 05:54 PM
Nope we are talking about the voice mail operating mode which is set in the vm admin by dialing into the vm by phone. If it is set for auto, something is wrong if the night greeting doesn't start on time. The operator night/day/special button has no effect on which vm greeting plays.
Derrick, you're brilliant! Thanks for the help.

-Larry
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help