atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: gregv Locked out of programming Vodavi 5000 - 02/25/10 07:18 PM
I have a Vodavi 5000 Infinite that I'm locked out of programming. I've been accessing it along and for some reason can't get back in. Do you think the modem could have it siezed somehow? You can't be in both simultaenously. Any back door password capabilities? Any issues with pulling the modem card with the system up? Trying to avoid powering down or defaulting the database and starting over. Any thoughts?
Posted By: MnDave Re: Locked out of programming Vodavi 5000 - 02/25/10 09:37 PM
Unless your memory support batttery is completly dead, you will be ok with a short power cycle. There is no back door password for vodavi systems. Is it possible that you have another phone with admin access that is logged in? It would show in-use and busy if it is. I've never seen a modem fail to release and I sure wouldn't pull any parts with the power up. If you have a CO line in-use, just unplug it at the KSU to release it from the system. I'll check at the office later to see if the KSU has a reset button. I just don't remember right now.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Locked out of programming Vodavi 5000 - 02/26/10 04:41 AM
If the modem will not answer it could be locked up. I have had it happen before. I connected to the com port on the system with my laptop, entered maintainance and reset the modem with an r command. That freed it up.
Yes there is a reset button it is right next to the fuse. And resetting the system with the reset button will retain programming while dropping whatever has the admin access locked out. In the future if you are programming through the modem make sure you exit admin before disconnecting from the modem.
Posted By: gregv Re: Locked out of programming Vodavi 5000 - 03/03/10 07:09 PM
I did a reset via the reset button on the motherboard of the KSU and that did clear the problem. After reset I was able to get right in.
Thanks for the input.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help