atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Paradox1300 96EX CPB board Database backup - 03/22/10 05:47 AM
I've connected a pc to the RS-232C port on the CPB Board and have played around a little executing "HyperTerminal" on the pc to access the Database. The documentation says that the Database can be "uploaded" into a file. I'm wondering if the Database can be "Downloaded" to a file and then this file can be a backup. I can then use this file to "Restore" the database if need be with all of my programmed changes. Can this be done? If so, what is the command and how is it done?
Thanks.
Posted By: MnDave Re: 96EX CPB board Database backup - 03/22/10 07:11 AM
I don't recall ever performing a database download on this system. My manual is issue 1, April 1991 and doesn't even list that option. I always captured the "Print" file and was happy with that as my backup. It has been my experience that this system can usually be entirely reprogrammed in less than 1 hour by someone who is a little familiar with it. Of course that depends on having a correct work sheet to go by.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: 96EX CPB board Database backup - 03/22/10 07:31 AM
I recall that the 96EX was the functionally identical version of the infinite 4096 and Siemens 4096. The phones were just different.

That being said, I only recall flash 85 being available for a database print. Download and upload activities are in flash 86, but I don't think that system has this function.
Posted By: Paradox1300 Re: 96EX CPB board Database backup - 03/23/10 04:59 AM
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to do it the old fashion way ... print/dump and re-enter. I checked out Flash 86 and it is used to print the LCR tables. Oh well. Thanks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help