atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have several SBX's currently installed sitting behind Edgemarc routers. They are being fed SIP trunks from Bandwidth.com and are all working great in/out bound calling for months now.

Problem: I am trying to do the same thing but with a differnt ISP.

I can make inbound calls all day long, but outbound not so much..

I did try isolating my SBX voip card, my laptop and the router port on a hub and running wireshark. On inbound calls I saw the invite to the end... but on an outbound call, Nothing...

Does this sound like hardware or SBX config.
Now remember, I've already setup several of these to do the same thing... Could it be a authorization with the ISP??
Anyone Help??
Seems like an ISP problem to me. I am a simple fellow, if something worked before and then it quits, I always ask what was changed between the time it worked last and when it quit working?
Vertical has a list of about 6 tested SIP providers. Do you have that list and is your new provider on it? If not, Vertical support and support here may be limited.
I have the list and no the ISP is not on it.
Vertical also said Bandwidth was an approved provider. Now bandwidth has changed there policyies and I have to find another vendor.
I have a good working relationship with a regional ISP and i though I'd give it a shot.
we use comm partners and have had no issues with sip, just a tip.
Good news for anyone in the Michigan area.

ACD.net is up and working SIP through and Edgemarc into and SBX, MP5000, WAVE, Partner ACS, Cisco, and get this.... a Merlin Magic if you can believe that.

All sorts of ways.. SIP to an Edgemarc and then PRI out of the Edgemarc into both Merlin and MP5000.
SIP into Edgemarc and FXS out into a Partner ACS and SBX.
SIP into Edgemarc and out to SBX via Ethernet (VoIP board)...

I'm in the process of documenting all the ways with screenshots of both Edgemarc settings and PBX pages.

If you want to try any of the senarios, feel free to email me.
[email protected]
I'm in the process of documenting
Your efforts are providing a valuable service. Thank you!
Yes, I agree with Dave. Perhaps you could make create an informational post about your findings.

What is the benefit of using the Edgemarc verses just using a static IP for the SBX?
I'm trying to install a couple of SIP trunks from CommPartners on my in-house SBX and am having no luck. I am following the documentation from Vertical for CommPartners SIP trunks but it seems like somethings missing. I have these same trunks working on my Tadiran system in-house with no problems. Any ideas?
Do you have a static IP? On the VoIP card, do you have switches 1, 3, 4 on and 2 off?
I have sip trunks working with comm partners on an SBX. PM me and I can send you the info on the way i have them setup. Thanks.
NFC,
I use the edgemarc because it allows me to control all of the head end network gear.
For example, for DSL, Useually the ISP provides a modem, then they have some type of Router (Adtran 900 series) hanging off the modem, then a 66 block hanging off the Adtran to provide my loop lines.

I can use an Edgemarc 200A, as an ADSL modem, a router for there data network (LAN ports), and I can break out up to 8 FXS line ports, all with one device that I am the reseller of.... $$Cha...Ching$$... No middle man.
Posted By: bobw Re: SBX 320 & SIP trunks using Edgemarc routers - 06/12/10 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Vgallagher:

I can make inbound calls all day long, but outbound not so much..

I did try isolating my SBX voip card, my laptop and the router port on a hub and running wireshark. On inbound calls I saw the invite to the end... but on an outbound call, Nothing...
vgallagher - sounds like you were on my job this week - sorry to revive this thread but the issue is still alive when working with Vertical and Bandwidth if you are using the edgemarc routers.

I am "working" with vendors right now to resolve this. Vertical is pointing the finger at Bandwidth saying they changed things. Bandwidth is being gracious and the tech I am working with is offering to work things out.

I guess I didn't talk to any Vert Tech that you have as no one said to me - We have seen this problem before. They acted more like I was bothering them. I feel like I am getting an attitude from Vert Tech that is very sour. I dont' understand this. All I want to do is solve the problem and move on.

I didn't see any other posts here for resolution other than your invite

Thanks for posting your problem - At least now I know that I am not alone AND I was starting to think maybe I have a bad VOIB
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help