atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sbdcomm Vodavi STS numbering plan - 03/30/10 07:54 AM
I have a customer that has presented me with a numbering challenge. I cannot change the extension number of any keyset, because the numbers are "published". This is a complex issue, one that I probably cannot explain well in a small amount of space. Can analog extensions on a SLIB-4 board be renumbered to an ext number that does not exsist on one of the boards? Bottom Line is, all my ext. card slots are full, a lot of extensions ports have been skipped over, exts 132,133, 135 need to be relocated to unused digital ports, an installed SLIB-4 board is presently using these extension numbers. I need 8 analog ports for Polycoms, abd tie lines to another STS.
If some one would like to contact me off list, I can explain further, and supply a system matrix as an excel file.

Vernon Hobbs
Seaboard Communications
Posted By: MnDave Re: Vodavi STS numbering plan - 03/30/10 08:08 AM
If the numbering you need is currently outside of the default number range, you can use flexible numbering to change the number of any station. You will need to delete the original number first and if the number you want is assigned to one of the feature codes, you will need to delete it there also and reassign it another number. I often add a [*] when changing a feature number. Example: Station Swap 636 becomes *636, etc.
Posted By: sbdcomm Re: Vodavi STS numbering plan - 03/30/10 08:33 AM
Thanks Dave,

I didn't need to carry the extension numbers outside the 100-149 range if possible. I think what I want to do is take analog ports 132-135, renumber them to something like 136-139 (skipped over when two SLIB-4s are plugged in side by side)or 144 to 147. This should free 132-135 to be assigned to ports 121-123, then all is well. I'd rather figure this out before I make a return trip. I don't have much experience on the STS, I thought I read someplace where analog ports couldn't be renumbered, but that might have been a mis-interpretation on my part.

Thanks
Vern
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi STS numbering plan - 03/30/10 09:44 AM
You can edit extension numbers in flash 52 programming, but the flex ext number you want to change has to be erased first. Remember you are dealing with fixed numbers (port numbers) and flex numbers (ext numbers)assigned to the fixed port so you first find the fix port that is using one of the flex numbers you want to move, erase it and then you can reassign it to a different port either slt or digital.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help