atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PhoneDoctorLV NIGHT Service - 04/07/10 09:14 PM
Customer needs to forwards calls to an answering service after hours. They have DID lines so traditional call forwarding from the telco will not work.

Can the Vodavi do this when a call is ringing in on one line and then dial out on another lines and bridge the two calls together?

If so how is this done. I am a Nortle guy and not worked on the Vodavi that much.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: NIGHT Service - 04/07/10 09:20 PM
What is the model of the system??
Posted By: PhoneDoctorLV Re: NIGHT Service - 04/08/10 06:12 AM
Thank you.

The telephone sets say StarPlus STS. How do I find out the model?
Posted By: oobie Re: NIGHT Service - 04/08/10 06:30 AM
If you have an unused SLT ports you could forward one of them to the Answering service number. Or if you have an STSe you can use a virtual port to accomplish the same thing. We've used this set up quite a bit. You could point the lines to ring right to the extension or ring it to VM and give an option for Answering svc and point a digit to it.
Posted By: OldH2oSkier Re: NIGHT Service - 04/08/10 08:35 AM
Just ring the DID to Speed Dial bin with the answering service number programmed in it during night mode operation.

That is done in flash 43 did route programming.

My first edit-it works! (I meant to hit quote)
Posted By: PhoneDoctorLV Re: NIGHT Service - 04/08/10 05:10 PM
I am up against a deadline with this client and I ahve to get this in place before they move their office. They want the calls to go to the service while they are moving the office for the next few says, That will be next week.

Do you know who can provide me with paid over the phone support to quickly walk me thru this procedure?
Posted By: Derrick Re: NIGHT Service - 04/08/10 05:20 PM
If you are moving and the phone system is going to be down, you will not be able to forward calls. You might want to contact the provider and ask them to point the main did number to the answering service number. They should be able to do that. I have had Cox do that for my pri customers during power outages or other times when the pbx is offline.

If the main did number rings to one phone only you can manually forward that phone to a speed dial number (the answering service)at night.
Posted By: PhoneDoctorLV Re: NIGHT Service - 04/08/10 05:30 PM
This is is a shared tennant set up and I am installing a new Nortel for them in a new office at a new location.

The numbers will not be ported for several days due to a delay and the numbers are DID so the local telco can not CF a DID.

This phone system will remain in service because it is used by all the other tennants.
Posted By: PhoneDoctorLV Re: NIGHT Service - 04/08/10 07:21 PM
It rings at several sets at the same time. The service is with Telepacific and they said they can not forward a DID number.

They are porting to Cox about a week after they move due to a delay with Telepacificthat is why I need to CF.

If you have step by step instructions I can try to program this and test it. I have never programmed a Vodavi before.
Posted By: Derrick Re: NIGHT Service - 04/08/10 07:55 PM
Your best bet is to download a manual, but DID is somewhat tricky to program from an admin phone. You need to know the route number associated with the DID number usually they default to something like did 303 (last three digits) goes to route 103 which rings to station 103. If you know the route you program it in flash 43 button 1 ringing assignment. There is a day ring, night ring, as well as preset forwarding if not answered by a times set of rings. The preset can be off net. You may need a tech on site who can download the did tables into an admin database and then look at all the numbers, and routes. Trying to explain it over the phone is not an easy process.
Posted By: PhoneDoctorLV Re: NIGHT Service - 04/08/10 08:01 PM
I really am looking for someone that I can get telephone support for by the min. or quarter to help me get this done as soon as I can.

I am in the middle of the installation of their large Nortel and I would rather pay for help than try to train myself on doing this. I just don't have the time.

Does anyone on this site know of a pay support for the Vodavi.

I use paid support all the time for Mitel and Nortel.
Posted By: OldH2oSkier Re: NIGHT Service - 04/09/10 09:30 AM
PM Sent
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help