atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jnimmick voice carry over on two lines STS - 04/12/10 10:08 AM
I have a customer whom I installed an STS system for about 6 years ago. At one point in the past we had an issue with CO line port 2. If one employee was on line 1 and the other picked up line 2 and made a call, they could hear each others coversations. Found out CO port 2 was bad and swicted over to CO port 4 and seemed to solve the issue. However today the customer called and said Line 1 was not working and 1 phone had a strange display. I power cycled the system and the phone display came up working and line 1 started working. Before the reboot I disconncted the Line 1 from the system and had no dial tone at the dmarc. Once reconnected and rebooted there was dial tone. The dial tone is nosiy and scratchy and told them to call Qwest. However they say they are now having the carry over on lines 2 and 3, or actually ports 3 and 4 on the KSU. Any ideas? Should I throw in a new CO card?
Posted By: skip555 Re: voice carry over on two lines STS - 04/12/10 10:42 AM
the first thing to do would be to remove the lines from the system and check at the demark to see if the bleed through is telco or system

if it is in fact the system and you have at least two bad CO ports I would be inclined to replace the KSU rather than adding a co card
Posted By: MnDave Re: voice carry over on two lines STS - 04/12/10 11:52 AM
The test that I like to use for crosstalk is to call our local 1Khz test tone number and see if it bleeds through any line.

When you had no dial tone at the demarc and then had it when you reset the system, that suggests the line had timed out / went out of service at the CO. When you released it, it came back into service. Depending on the CO, that can take a few minutes.
Posted By: Derrick Re: voice carry over on two lines STS - 04/16/10 03:31 PM
Plug a toner into line one port and check for bleed over to any other port.
Posted By: GeeRay Re: voice carry over on two lines STS - 05/03/10 02:52 PM
Have you checked the line current? should be around 35 ma. with some of the new pair gain devices I have seen 130 or more ma. That will cause many problems including Xtalk, false ringing.

G
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help