atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: draynor PRI Install / switch - 04/15/10 05:46 AM
I have a customer that is switching to DID lines. Deltacom is going to be the provider. The only info I am able to get at this time is "IP Complete PRI are being provisioned out of the Birmingham CS2K Switch due to monitoring". Does anyone have any info about this switch & Deltacom. My customer only has 6 lines & in my opinion it's kinda expensive for him to change to DID. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks David
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: PRI Install / switch - 04/15/10 08:48 AM
We do PRI's with Deltacom all the time , they always call us to verify the digits sent and if it needs to be NI2.
Posted By: draynor Re: PRI Install / switch - 04/16/10 09:04 PM
I take it that they do not use soft switches. Are their any quirks or anything special I need to know. This will be my first DID install. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks David
Posted By: Ray01 Re: PRI Install / switch - 04/16/10 09:13 PM
David

I was about to do a PRI myself one time and was told by several Vertical Dealers and Techs to MAKE SURE you use a Hard Switch. They said the programming is easier and more secure.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: PRI Install / switch - 04/16/10 09:34 PM
NI2 is the most common setup mistake I've encountered. The XTS won't allow you to change this setting to NI1, but for some reason, Verizon often sets up PRI circuits this way. If all outgoing calls are rejected after the cut, that is likely your problem. I can't speak for Deltacom's procedures though.

Don't forget to ask how many channels on the integrated PRI are for voice use and how many are used for data. You'll need to place the CO ports (PRI channels) used for data into trunk group zero or you won't be able to place outgoing calls.

True, a customer with only six lines might seem to be a case of overkill with a PRI, but the unused channels are usually combined to provide more data bandwidth, so the customer will be happy.
Posted By: draynor Re: PRI Install / switch - 04/18/10 07:49 PM
My customer has a STSe, going to have 6 DID lines, & has 10 phones in all. So thats what I got to work with.

David
Posted By: Ray01 Re: PRI Install / switch - 04/20/10 05:21 AM
David

Make sure your PRI is set up as B8ZS-ESF, NI2.
You will need the card and a PLLU. Program the card in F24 , set the trunks as TIE-DNIS under F40, B8ZS-ESF under F41, routing number under F43.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help