atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Vgallagher SBX 320 ... Virtual Ext???? - 04/18/10 08:14 AM
I have a customer that has an employee who wants a VM but no extension.

In the past I have used the "Dummy" ext way of doing things. You need to be on site, and turn one phone into a dummy, then set up a VM.... blah blah then return the original phone to normal mode....

Is there a better way to create a VM box without and ext.??

I have remote access and would like to aviod the site visit and billing them for the trip.

Thanks
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: SBX 320 ... Virtual Ext???? - 04/18/10 08:55 AM
I put an SBX in Thursday. Had a customer that wanted the same thing. According to tech support there is no guest mailbox support. They suggested building a hot desking setup. I haven't tried setting up an unused port with a mailbox..I probably would try that.
Posted By: Vgallagher Re: SBX 320 ... Virtual Ext???? - 04/18/10 10:31 AM
RBF... I've tried the mailbox without a phone. It doesn't work. The hotdesking is done by using a dummy ext... it's a pain.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: SBX 320 ... Virtual Ext???? - 04/18/10 11:03 AM
I guess it would then depend on the customers need. I think I'll try a cheap single line set on an unused port and see if that will allow a mailbox setup. Let us know if you do find a work around.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: SBX 320 ... Virtual Ext???? - 04/18/10 11:12 AM
The good news is that virtual mailboxes has been added to FP 3.5. The bad news is that it is not yet avaliable.
Posted By: oobie Re: SBX 320 ... Virtual Ext???? - 04/19/10 12:06 PM
I have used an unused ext. port for a guest mailbox before and it is still working. I don't remember ever having any issues with it.
Posted By: Vgallagher Re: SBX 320 ... Virtual Ext???? - 04/20/10 09:36 PM
Extensions with mailboxes are not a problem. try making one for a salesguy that is never in the office. They don't require a physical phone...but they want all the benifits of the VM.

Then after you figure it out. try to explain to a user how to log in ...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help