atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tim Hummer UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/03/10 01:40 PM
Can anyone give me a step-by-step setup for UCD on an STSe? I have the UCD answering, but the RAN plays once, goes to dead air, RAN plays second time, goes to MOH forever. Unless the call answered on the first time through the UCD group, the caller is left hanging. I don't think the call is actually going into the UCD queue, but I am not sure. HELP!
Posted By: OldH2oSkier Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/03/10 03:50 PM
Need more info. How is the call initally getting to the UCD group to start with? Is the call answered by AA and then transferred to the group?
What type of VM/AA is in the system and what are you using for the RAN's?
Posted By: Tim Hummer Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/03/10 04:00 PM
Calls are ringing directly into the UCD and using In-Skins VM(550) for the RAN.
Posted By: Derrick Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/03/10 08:40 PM
Make sure that the timeout of your voice mail ran menus is set for hang up not transfer to operator.
Posted By: Tim Hummer Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/04/10 06:13 AM
How does that keep the caller in the queue? Wouldn't that just disconnect the caller?
Posted By: OldH2oSkier Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/04/10 07:43 AM
So what do you have programmed in FL 62?
Posted By: Tim Hummer Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/04/10 09:26 AM
The type is set to DVM.
Posted By: Derrick Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/04/10 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Tim Hummer:
How does that keep the caller in the queue? Wouldn't that just disconnect the caller?
If your voice mail ports are programmed for ran then after the message plays the caller is put back in cue. If you don't set the timeout for hangup then the caller is transfered back to end of the UCD line, and that is not good
Posted By: Tim Hummer Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/07/10 10:46 AM
Thank you Derrick for your help. That did the trick. Now I only have one more major problem to overcome with this install. The problem is with my time control. It doesn't work. I have one time control with 4 rules and I have them entered in this order: 12:30-13:30 M-F (goes to menu with lunch message), 08:30-12:30 M-F morning (Caller to go to UCD), 13:30-16:30 M-F (caller to UCD), 16:30-08:30 M-Su (caller to after hours menu). Where should my time control be referenced when I am using a UCD? Under 'system lines' or 'menus' or a combination?
Posted By: Derrick Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/07/10 09:37 PM
Lines should be programmed for Time Control. Then program the time control to play the menus you want at the time you want. Your menus would direct callers to proper destinations based on keystroke. You do not need to reference the TC in the menu itself.

When entering event times in a TC they should be in chonological order by start time. if you don't enter it that way the voice mail will not change the menus.
Posted By: Tim Hummer Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/08/10 08:21 AM
Time Control is still not working. Calls are going to the UCD during the open office hours and during the lunch period and the caller gets ring-no-answer during the off hours. Any other suggestions?
Posted By: Derrick Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/08/10 05:27 PM
Are all calls being answered by the voice mail first? Also any changes to a TC require a vm reboot before the changes take effect.
Posted By: Tim Hummer Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/08/10 06:03 PM
I have done a complete shutdown and cold boot of the system each time I change the time control programming. The 4 incoming CO lines ring directly to the UCD group. There are some other lines that ring directly to appearances on the various phones. Only the UCD lines should look at the time control. The primary (VM 550)RAN gives the usual "we're sorry all lines are busy please stay on the line or dial 1 for more options" message. Dialing a 1 takes you to a secondary RAN (551) with more keystroke options.
Posted By: MnDave Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/08/10 10:01 PM
I think you would need to set the lines that now go to 550 to go to 440 instead. Then give them a VMID of a new mailbox that is set to run the Time Control.
Posted By: Tim Hummer Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/09/10 06:18 AM
Are you saying that I should not be using 550 and 551 as menus? Is the RAN greeting not the same as mailbox 550?
Posted By: MnDave Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/09/10 10:00 AM
I may be assuming incorrectly, but my read was that you have lines being answered differently. Some by UCD 550/551 and some that ring direct to other phones. What does a No-answer to those other phones receive? i.e: Is their CO PreSet Fwd going to 550/551 or 440?

When lines are to be answered differently, the normal method is to use VMID. Then the mailbox that is referenced routes the call accordingly. That is how multiple tenants may use the same VM lines and yet have their own company greeting play. Now if that is what you need to accomplish, a mailbox will not have the ability to actually forward initially to a Time Control but can forward to a Menu with a one second time out to a Time Control and it will behave as if it does.
If I am going in a different direction with this than you require, just ignore my posting.
Posted By: Tim Hummer Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/09/10 11:21 AM
I have 4 actual CO lines ringing to a 3 station UCD group. The other lines are OPX's from a PBX. The OPX lines are ringing on the UCD group phones as well as several other phones that are not part of the UCD group. All I want is the 4 CO lines to be answered by the UCD or go into queue if all receptionists are busy. The caller should also have the option while in queue to dial a 1 for more options. My time control has been cut to 3 rules: 1: lunch break (get menu with message to call later), 2: normal office hours (UCD), 3: after hours (menu message to call later or option to leave message). This all seems pretty standard to me, but I just cannot get it to work.
Posted By: OldH2oSkier Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/09/10 11:32 AM
PM sent
Posted By: MnDave Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/09/10 11:56 AM
If UCD member phones are ringing first, they will take turns ringing. You say multiple phones are ringing. unless you are utilizing Call Cover, how are you making multiple phones ring?

But lets just review the initial stage of UCD:
If callers are hearing a RAN, they are queuing. Is the RAN they hear assigned as the primary RAN? A primary RAN must be heard before any overflow destination and overflow timer is searched. The overflow destination will be a station number or pilot number.

[Edit] Scott: Sorry, I was tied up on a phone call when you sent the PM. I didn't complete my reply until later. Then I saw you following up on it.
Posted By: Derrick Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/09/10 01:57 PM
If calls are ringing directly to a UCD and not through the auto attendant first, a time control may not do what you want it to do. When you say dial 1 for more options, what kind of options?
Posted By: OldH2oSkier Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/10/10 01:46 PM
Hey Derrick and Dave

What we did was changed his InSkin to run KSU Clock Control for the Time Control and then we also changed his 4 lines on the STS to ring 550 in day mode only and to 450 in the night/special modes so that it will follow his time control correctly. Prior to that the 4 lines were ringing directly to 550 in all modes so that they would ring to the UCD group even during lunch. Plus many other changes but that was the bottom line of what his issues were/are. Also he had his retry on the 550 menu to be 0(zero) retry so when he would get the RAN menu it was not allowing him to dial out and I have to give Tim props for figuring that one out himself.
Posted By: MnDave Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/10/10 03:59 PM
Scott, Thanks for the answer. How did you address the 12:30-1:30 lunch schedule to make the Time Ctl operate? By putting the system into Night for that hour?
Posted By: Derrick Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/10/10 05:40 PM
I don't see any real advantage in using both time controls and KSU clock control. I think you would be better off to either use a TC assigned to the lines or just us the KSU clock control to turn on three different menus instead of tying a time control to KSU clock control.

However let me ask this? When you mention time control are you referring to the Voice Mail TC or the phone system auto night mode control?
Posted By: OldH2oSkier Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/11/10 07:13 AM
Dave
Yes they are going to use the day night special feature of the system for the lunch hour.

Derrick
You are correct there is no real advantage to using the time control with the KSU clock control but that is how we set it up and he did also program the STS auto D/N/S mode.
Posted By: Tim Hummer Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/11/10 12:58 PM
Thank you again Scott for your help. The calls are going into queue and the callers are able to choose other options and leave messages if desired. There is still a problem with the time control setup though. I changed the time control this morning to reflect your instructions and it did not switch away from the UCD for lunch. The UCD was still answering the calls and playing the primary RAN. It is still to early in the day to see if it is going to switch for after hours. Do you have any other ideas?
Posted By: MnDave Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/11/10 03:17 PM
Why even bother with a time control for lunch? If you are using the Night mode for lunch time, just override the auto day/night mode by pressing the Night button when the receptionist leaves and again when she returns. You will do this anyway when the office closes early and for holidays when you leave in order to force the system into permanent night time mode. It will stay there until you turn the night mode off. It sure beats messing with the VM holiday schedule every dang year.
Posted By: Tim Hummer Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/11/10 07:30 PM
MNDAVE said: "Why even bother with a time control for lunch?"

Because the office wants a different action for lunch than after hours.
Posted By: OldH2oSkier Re: UCD for doctor's office- need help - 06/12/10 02:54 PM
Tim

You can just change the KSU clock control setting on the VM to run the specific menu for the special setting set it to run your Lunch menu and for Night set it to run the night menu and then the office staff can control it or the phone system will via the Auto D/N/S schedule we setup. And then just change the voice lines to run Menu 100 so that the TC is not a factor.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help