atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: modata Vodavi TalkPath sporatic voicemail - 10/19/10 09:26 AM
WE have a Vodavi Phone system with a TalkPath voice mail system. The issue we are having nhas to do with the Talkpath saving voicemail. Sometimes it does and sometimes it does not. Please help. I have been working on this for a while. I will appreciate any ideas.
Thank you in advance.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Vodavi TalkPath sporatic voicemail - 10/19/10 06:00 PM
What is the model & revision of the voice mail? There are issues on older revisions of Talkpaths, but you would have seen the symptoms as far back as 2001. Did this just start happening?
Posted By: Deltron Re: Vodavi TalkPath sporatic voicemail - 10/20/10 06:53 AM
From the DOS prompt run chkdsk and see if there's any file fragments. If so run chkdsk /f to correct.

At this point I would upgrade the voicemail to the latest version. If it's already there than just overlay it again.

If the voicemail is still erratic with saving messages and there were a lot of file fragments then there's a good chance the file structure may have some issues or the drive is failing. Reimage a new drive and replace. The Talkpath isn't really known for this unless there is a HDD problem. Even systems heavily fragmented usually run without issues.
Posted By: modata Re: Vodavi TalkPath sporatic voicemail - 10/26/10 08:58 AM
I am not a tech and I do not know how to do either one of your post. Sorry. I am a VM virgin.
I have been able to fix some small thing but not what has been suggested.
I logged into the system with the Admin console but did not see what has been proposed.
If you can give me some step by step I would very much appreciate it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help