atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Deltron Talkpath Admin 32 bit?? - 11/20/10 04:29 PM
OK computer wizards. How can I get Vodavi's Talkpath Admin program to run on a 64 bit system? When I click on setup it says it's not compatible with this version of Windows (7, 64bit).

I really don't want to load 32 bit Vista on the laptops. :bang:
Posted By: Derrick Re: Talkpath Admin 32 bit?? - 11/20/10 04:50 PM
You would need to set your laptop up for dual boot. One boot is xp (not vista) and the other would be win 7. You might try xp compatiblity mode but I don't think it will help.
Posted By: Deltron Re: Talkpath Admin 32 bit?? - 11/20/10 05:22 PM
That's what I figured but wasn't 100% sure.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Talkpath Admin 32 bit?? - 11/21/10 07:38 AM
If you want to install it on Windows 7, research Windows 7 XP Mode . To use Xin 7 XP Mode, you'll need Win 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate editions.

If you do not have one of those versions, and don't want to upgrade, you can use the "Virtual PC" module and install a copy of Win XP that you already have.

The easiest thing to do is simply copy all of the program files (c:/Admin) from a working XP machine to the Win 7 machine. The program will work with Win 7, it just will not install.

-Larry
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Talkpath Admin 32 bit?? - 11/21/10 08:06 AM
Interesting. I got it to load and install on my netbook using 7 with no problems.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Talkpath Admin 32 bit?? - 11/21/10 11:19 AM
Ed, Talkpath/dispatch admin loaded on 7? I am surprised.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Talkpath Admin 32 bit?? - 11/22/10 07:16 AM
Yep. The only issue that I have is that it does not recognize the cellular modem in the netbook. With a USB/serial adapter, it works fine.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Talkpath Admin 32 bit?? - 11/22/10 12:21 PM
Perhaps the netbook has the 32-bit version of Win 7? The program would not install on my 64-bit laptop.
Posted By: indy-tech Re: Talkpath Admin 32 bit?? - 02/13/14 06:55 PM
On that about the 32bit and 64bit windows 7 on the talkpath software. If you copy it from a working computer and put it on a windows 7 64bit will it still work.
Can you email me on this please. Thank you
[email protected]
Posted By: indy-tech Re: Talkpath Admin 32 bit?? - 02/19/14 03:41 PM
I found away to make it work on windows 7 64bit computer.
Take it from a windows xp computer c:/admin and paste it in the windows 7 c:/admin and it works.
Also the Windba STS do the same to it. But need to install a Borland Database Engine for it to work on the Windows 7 64bit you can’t just copy from windows xp computer and paste it. But it does work on windows 7 64bit computer I done it. Just trying to help out for others having this problem.
I found the software to work for the windba sts and XTS Windba and the Discovery CA it should work once you install this Borland database engine software.
https://www.medlog.com/bdesetup.htm
This will fix the problem for Windows 7 64bit OS computer.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help