atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CEMBTW STS Auto-Pickup - 01/27/11 01:33 PM
Hi,
There's been a bit of office shuffling going around my workplace recently.

We have a Vodavi STSe system with about 7 lines and a dozen stations & used the Station Relocation feature to move stations to new offices along with their users. I thought this would also transfer all settings, but it apparently did not.

Most stations were set so that when a user picked up their phone when there was an incoming call, it automatically connected to the incoming line - instead of requiring a button press.

Two stations were not set up this way (intentionally). An auto-pickup user has moved into an office of a non-auto station. Even though the station has been successfully relocated, the phone doesn't auto-pickup.

It also doesn't sound any ring, only the red LED.

Looking through the manual, the only settings that might be associated with this are "Preferred Line Answer" & "Ring Assignments". But Preferred Line Answer is enabled and all lines show ring assignments of "A" for "All Modes".

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Posted By: justbill Re: STS Auto-Pickup - 01/27/11 02:02 PM
Rather than re-programming everything why not put them back the way they were and move the jumpers? Whole lot simpler. I've never used the relocation feature, maybe someone will have a better answer.
Posted By: MnDave Re: STS Auto-Pickup - 01/27/11 04:30 PM
Station relocate sounds wonderful, but I discourage it whenever possible. I have had too many items not carry over. Yes, earlier software bugs have been addressed but I am the excitable type. I have allowed my users to do it with one or two phones but never when several phones are involved. What is the difference? With one or two phones, it is not a crisis when something doesn't work. Several phones? Oh Please!
Posted By: Derrick Re: STS Auto-Pickup - 01/28/11 02:19 PM
Co line ringing doesn't follow when you relocate....it stays with the original port. Pri (did) does follow. To fix this requires reprogramming in flash 40.
Posted By: MnDave Re: STS Auto-Pickup - 01/28/11 03:21 PM
DSS buttons don't like it either but at least those are user programmable!
Posted By: CEMBTW Re: STS Auto-Pickup - 02/01/11 07:57 AM
And the manual makes the feature seem so wonderful, *sigh*.
Any thoughts on the problem it hasn't fixed (see above)?
Posted By: adteldon Re: STS Auto-Pickup - 02/01/11 08:39 AM
If you are programming the station for preferred line pickup, use flash 51 instead of flash 50. If you use flash 50 you are probably programming the wrong station. For the line ringing portion, try looking in flash 52 section to find out what port the station is associated with, then enter it into flash 40 dddr.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: STS Auto-Pickup - 02/01/11 08:39 AM
If you have preferred line answer enabled, but the CO lines aren't programmed to ring there, then PLA won't do anything.
Posted By: CEMBTW Re: STS Auto-Pickup - 02/09/11 08:56 AM
Thanks. I must have been checking the Flash 40 DDDR wrong. The station had been missing, after all.
With the ringing back on, PLA worked again.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help