atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dirk1843 Starplus STS error message and dead phone - 04/20/11 09:03 AM
We have had this system in place for several years with no changes.

Yesterday one of our employees was cleaning his phone and must have pushed several buttons at once. The phone displayed this message:

"V0.6J Scout-DX v1.1 OK Synch"

No dial tone at this station, nor could you call into it. Unplugging it did nothing, but swapping one phone out for another, the problem follows the phone.

Left it unplugged overnight, thinking the memory might clear out and reboot today, no good, same message.

I do not have an owners manual for the sysytem, on a small operators manual for the phone, which I couldnt find anything relating to this issue.

Any help would be wonderful, thanks in adavance.
Posted By: oobie Re: Starplus STS error message and dead phone - 04/20/11 11:35 AM
The phone is apparently bad if you swapped it out with another one that works in its place.
It seems strange that unit would just die like that....employee was wiping the keypad with a dry cloth and pushed several buttons at once.

I thought it was in a programing mode or needed to be reset.
Nope, the phone is bad, but I have seen them come back later.

I know my fellow Vodaviers loved the STS, but I am not that sorry to see the phones go...the phonesets are not that good. Hookswitch issues, displays go out. It is my opionion the SBX sets are much better.
Posted By: Ray01 Re: Starplus STS error message and dead phone - 04/22/11 08:21 PM
Agree Derrick.

One POSSIBLE
Posted By: Ray01 Re: Starplus STS error message and dead phone - 04/22/11 08:24 PM
didn't finish. One possible thing Dirk could do is to make sure ALL the buttons on the phone are not sticking. This has happen to me. Just a try.
Derrick Wrote:

"Nope, the phone is bad, but I have seen them come back later.

I know my fellow Vodaviers loved the STS, but I am not that sorry to see the phones go...the phonesets are not that good. Hookswitch issues, displays go out. It is my opionion the SBX sets are much better."

While I agree that the hookswitches should have been designed a little differently, I have only had about 4 or 5 failures, usually due to slamming the handset down. As far as displays go, yes I agree they do seem to have problems, maybe 1 out of 8 after 3 years of use, however I think the SBX hasn't been out long enough to say they won't have the same problem. We shall see. Other than voip, the SBX is still not as good as the STS. VM, finicky settings, call back button is the vm button (wtf), wiring pinout is bizzare,cell phone notification is hit or miss, ect. But it is what it is, SBX is the new kid on the block, and I have to live with it or go through a major headache and switch dealerships. At my age, it's not worth the trouble. Not slamming your comment Derrick, just disagreeing with you, but you're still all right in my book, I don't care what Ed and Dave say about you. Haha
Posted By: MnDave Re: Starplus STS error message and dead phone - 04/25/11 01:43 PM
I don't care what Ed and Dave say about you. Haha
:rofl:

(That's in case I'm the dave aforementioned)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Starplus STS error message and dead phone - 05/05/11 06:47 AM
Buttons stuck down may be the problem or some liquid may have gotten in the phone, probably a button stuck. And as far as displays the fix is simple. Open the phone and unplug the ribon cable for the display from the phone PC board, rub a little WD40 on the cable and plug it back in. This seems to fix most display problems.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help