atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: erniejoey Enable CF-Off Premise Thru V.M. - 04/29/11 10:15 AM
Does anybody have a cheat sheet on enabling call forward off premise on a Digital Talkpath. Customer has employees who have a mailbox but no phone to be able to forward calls to their cellphones and talk in real time. I had a cheat sheet from Vodavi but cant find it. I believe you have to change the Registry thru ecom.

Thank You
Posted By: MnDave Re: Enable CF-Off Premise Thru V.M. - 04/29/11 11:18 AM
The tech support method is to create a Command File with the CO Flash transfer commands (best audio) and add the phone number to dial. Then assign the mailbox to run the command file.

We also figured out how to create a universal CF that can use the mailbox owner's notification number. But that is a little more tricky.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Enable CF-Off Premise Thru V.M. - 04/29/11 11:19 AM
The easiest way to do this is to have an off net forwarded virtual extension for each virtual mailbox/aa extension.
Posted By: erniejoey Re: Enable CF-Off Premise Thru V.M. - 04/29/11 12:51 PM
This is on an XTS Ver.1.16 with front ended AA. The call will hit the AA with Menu 100,120. When transfered to the person's mailbox the V.M. literally will have to do a conference. It has been so long ago I don't have the paperwork.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Enable CF-Off Premise Thru V.M. - 04/29/11 03:06 PM
Upgrade that baby to at least 2.23 and save yourself a lot of headaches trying to do this. 1.16 does not have virtual extensions.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Enable CF-Off Premise Thru V.M. - 04/29/11 07:16 PM
2.23 is quite important. And, if you have analog lines you need to tell the customer he needs to order call transfer on all lines. Don't even try to use a trunk to trunk conference unless you have T1/PRI. You will have nothing but complaints. Even with digital trunks you can have a problem with line supervision and disconnect. I had a call center account where all the reps decided it was faster to hookflash and dial 9 to grab another line rather hanging up first. I even provided SLTs with positive hookswitch disconnect but they managed to work around that and really screw up their system. Saving those 3 seconds per retry caused all their lines to busy out at times and sometimes the T1 even had to be reset to clear the lines.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help