atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Speedway Starplus STS transfer calls to cell phone - 05/25/11 10:48 AM
I am trying to figure out how to transfer a call that we get in, put on hold, then transfer the call to a cell phone. i've been told this is possible. any help with this??

i know how to transfer a line to a cell phone but once you pick up the call, how do you put them on hold and transfer to a person's cell??

thanks in advance!
You cannot put them on hold and then transfer it..you can only do it if you have centrex transfer. While on the call you would hit flash then dial the cell number.
thanks so much, what is centrex transfer? something that can be added or built into phones?
Posted By: cswroe Re: Starplus STS transfer calls to cell phone - 05/25/11 11:25 AM
Centrex is a line type from your phone company than allows you to do some extra features, call transfer, conference, etc....

You can also hit transfer, get another outside line (dial 9, direct acces, or pool) dial the cell#, announce the call and/or hang up. It will use two lines while the call is in place (inbound call and outbound to cell). You can also transfer to speed bins with same result.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Starplus STS transfer calls to cell phone - 05/26/11 09:18 PM
While there are these other methods, Centrex xfer is the easiest for a novice. Trunk to trunk transfer adds a 6Db drop and if a CO doesn't provide a disconnect signal a line may not release in a timely fashion. I think Derrick is like me and just prefers to avoid these scenarios.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help