atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a Vodavi Staplus, and am trying to enable off net call forwarding to an outside telephone number. Per the userguide and I dialing 640 + * + speed bin number (9019); However, it seems like phone isn't accepting the 640 code, I tried using the fwd button as well, but the button doesn't seem to work as the phone does nothing when I push it... help..?
Are you lifting the handset or pushing the the on/off key before dialing 640 per the user guide?
Yes...
I've also tried using 603 from another userguide i found online, however same result
Which Starplus do you have? This doesn't work on the early EX or Flex series.
Staplus STS SP-3515-71... I would imagine it should work on this one, as I have the original user guide w/ instructions on how to program unit to do the off net forwarding... ?
At what point do you get an error tone?
Does Speed + 9019 work to dial the number that you entered?
Has your installer modified any feature codes? It is good to do so when a feature code matches a local office code.
What is the model number on the KSU? (you have given the P/N of the phone).
It should work the way you are using it, however you could try... on / off, fwd (fixed fwd button), * , 9019.
If that fails, try putting the fwd number in speed bin 9020 or higher at the attendant station.
good suggestion Adteldon there was a bug in one of the versions of the STS if I remember correctly with the speed bins being used for off net forwarding.

I actually thought that you had to have the Speed Bin on a button then you would:

On/off
FWD
touch the speed bin (you get confirmation beep and screen display Fwd to Bin 9XXX)
The KSU is SFB 406605. (i think)

I tried doing both * (fwd button & 640), 9019

Loaded the number I want calls to be forwarded to on bin 9020 (repeated above process),

Then I tried Oobie's idea; preprgrammed the speed bin number on a flex button and tried of on/off FWD/640 and flex button w/ speed bin #
but it seems that with each time I tried doing this the line just wanted to speed dial that number, there was no confirmation tone that all calls would be forwarded

It seems like the error is coming as soon as I try to activate the FORWARD button or function. Is the forward button supposed to be lit? Mine has never light up at any time during this process... frown
I just tried doing this from another phone in the office, and it does work. It gives confirmation tone and display says forward to bin 9020... For some reason it's not working on my phone.

The reason I want to use this function is when I'm out of the office I want calls to be forwarded to a cell number...
Have you tried a different phone in place of yours? Could have a bad key FWD button.
The forwarding feature could have been disabled for some reason for just your station in the system's programming. Does it allow you to forward calls to an internal destination?
Just swapped another phone for mine... forwarding still isnt working...

If the forwarding feature has been disabled would I have to have a program come and fix it?
Just figured this out: I was missing the CO group access code for the all the lines. I found it in a programmer guide online, it is as follows:

To activate off-net forwarding:
1. Dial [603] on the dial pad,
-or-
Press preprogrammed CO OFF-NET FORWARD button.
2. Dial the CO group access code of the group to be forwarded:
[801-823] = CO Group 1-23
[824] = All CO Groups
3. Dial the speed bin number that contains the number where calls are to forward. A
confirmation tone sounds.

smile smile smile
I thought that you said that you just want to forward your individual phone off-net. 603 does all calls that come into the line group. Are you sure that's what you want?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help