atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mark Earle Vodavi STS programming Q - 06/27/11 04:20 PM
I must be missing something basic.

See in the manual that one must press flash-xx to get to database admin mode, etc.

I have two phones STS 3517-71 connected. At system power up, it shows a version number, OK, and Sync. No intercom dial tone; all the buttons do nothing.

I have one plain CO line connected.

IF I hold a button on either phone, and power system up, it shows me what button and says release; once I do, back to the start display screen, no dial tone, no further response.

Switch 8 is OFF, others on. The single switch next to the 8 is on. The jumper is on 12/13 since there is no T1 card.

This box has two - 8 position digital cards, and an additional CO card.

Feels like I am missing something really basic and fundamental here. This was a working system but has been out of use for over a year. I have 8 phones and would like to make use of it!

---
Suspicion: on the station champ, I'm on pair one, which should be station 100, which should always be able to program the data base, or so the manual says. I suspect maybe (?) with my combination of cards it's really not station 100??
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi STS programming Q - 06/27/11 04:34 PM
The system memory battery may be dead. Your system is not initializing. Throw switch 8 to on reset the system and as soon as you get time, date, and number on the phones put switch 8 back off. Then station 100 will allow admin access.
Posted By: Mark Earle Re: Vodavi STS programming Q - 06/27/11 04:45 PM
Thanks, Derrick - I did not even think of checking that - will do so in the morning first thing.

The manual does not imply waiting for the info to change on the phone display - will do that before moving 8 back to off.
Posted By: Mark Earle Re: Vodavi STS programming Q - 06/28/11 08:31 AM
OK - battery is dead - will be getting one shortly. Even w/ battery removed, sw 8 ON, connected phones still show this on the display:

LKD-24D V0.6H
Scout-DX V1.1 OK Sync

If I power up and hold a button, the display does ID what button - so it seems the system can "see" the phones and button presses??

If I press the small button near the 8 switches, the display changes from OK to NO and back when I release the button.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Vodavi STS programming Q - 06/28/11 09:44 AM
With switch 8 on, all the dip switches should then be in the down position. The separate battery switch should also be turned off. The system should reinitialize from a power cycle. If it does not, I would then try unplugging all the daughter boards and then do another power cycle to see if it comes up with the 8 station ports.
Posted By: Mark Earle Re: Vodavi STS programming Q - 06/28/11 11:43 AM
OK - so you expect it should initialize w/out a battery at all? and with all boards out of the slots, I should have 4 co ports and 8 digital ports, pair 1 (blue/blue white) on the station champ would/should be 100? OK - heading back over there at about 2:30c. IF this does not work, we may just get a new box - seems a shame to not use 8 desk phones, and the system will do all we need and then some. At this point even buying a new box, we'd be ahead of buying some other brand and desk phones to go with it.
Posted By: Mark Earle Re: Vodavi STS programming Q - 07/01/11 02:33 PM
To follow up, no matter what the KSU we had just would not initialize. Got another - worked first time - I added a CO card from the dead system, since I need 5 CO lines. I will need 7 digital extensions, so no other cards needed (for now).

They're still painting, but the box is working and connected. Next is some sort of voice mail, although from the price of the flash or HD based one, we may go with phoneco-type VM. Of course, I also will need to program things up a bit different than default - but for now that is certainly a good start.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help