atcomsystems.ca/forum
Can anyone help with a problem we're experiencing? We have our system on auto attendant and when the caller hits the appropriate extension, I have an employee that when the line rings in his office he cannot press "line 1" and pick the call up. It eventually rings back to reception phone.

Any solutions?

Thanks
JGW
Arkansas
Is the ringing phone the one that is trying to answer? I ask to be sure there isn't another phone in the office too. If that were the case, I would suggest using the pickup button. All transferred calls are essentially private calls. Other than that, I would want to know what the phone LCD display shows.
Dave,
Yes that is the only phone in the gentleman's office. It will ring into his office with the display acting normal as caller ID but for some reason the phone will not allow him to pick up the call (whether it be by pressing line 1 or physically picking up the handset). The call will then auto route back to our admin asst desk.

Thanks
JGW
Perhaps it may help to start by confirming if the button on the phone is correctly programmed.

Lift the handset and then press [Speed] + [7] + [#]. The display will change. Select [2] for the keybutton. Then press the button for line 1 and see if it says "COLINE 001".
I started to say, either the phone does not have an appearance for line 1 or no loop key or both!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help