atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pfonman DVX Plus With digital VM - 07/19/11 10:41 AM
This is similar to "Robertgm2" message from May 26, 2011. Customer's system & digital VM got wet from water tank leak. KSU is ok, might need a battery, because it has to be all reprogrammed. They have the 3015 infinite phones. Main ?? is , i've worked on a few of these, but this one was installed by "Exectutone", & they have the VM grp as 450, when I've always had 440, & that's what the manual shows. The cust. says she always dials 450 to get into the VM. Did their tech do something funky or should I just use 450?
All their paperwork says "Mach 1"
Thanks for yuor help.
pfonman
Posted By: EV607797 Re: DVX Plus With digital VM - 07/19/11 11:40 AM
It sounds as if they have a Mach 1 KSU.

HG450 will certainly get the users into the voice mail, but they will have to manually dial themselves into their mailboxes for message retrieval. Unless the voice mail is operating in supervised transfer, I don't see how anyone could be leaving them any individual messages.

Yes, the voice mail ports should be in 440. We always put them in both groups so that we can point CO line ringing to 450 and not have to worry about strange issues occurring.
Posted By: pfonman Re: DVX Plus With digital VM - 07/19/11 01:00 PM
OK so there is a reason for the 450 besides the 440. I gotta do this on thurs. 21st.
Thanks for the reply.
pfonman
Posted By: Anonymous Re: DVX Plus With digital VM - 07/20/11 08:14 AM
The lines may have been programed to ring to AA you can do this by programing them to ring to hunt group 450 and programing the voicemail station ports to 450 also, this is also helpful if there is more than one tennant lines for ABC company can ring to 450 (maybe ports 1 and 2 of voicemail) and XYZ company can ring to 451. (ports 3&4)
Posted By: MnDave Re: DVX Plus With digital VM - 07/20/11 08:01 PM
450 is a "hunt group" with no "in-band" digits.
440 is a "voice mail group" with "in-band" digits.
(Ok, Ok, a digital system doesn't have traditional "in-Band digits" but it's easier to explain it the old way).
Posted By: Derrick Re: DVX Plus With digital VM - 07/21/11 04:40 AM
Inband digits....inband packets....it still accomplishes the same thing.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: DVX Plus With digital VM - 07/21/11 05:59 PM
I worked for Executone from '81 to 2000, Never heard of that system? We did install DVX voicemails on the smaller IDS systems, we always used hunt group 436 and yes, it was "in-band"
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help