atcomsystems.ca/forum
I am shopping for a new flashing light adapter for the Vodavi Starplus STS phones. I used to have a Radioshack Fone Flasher 2, but it died.

I found one that might work, I'm not sure though and don't want to buy them if they won't.
They will work if the voltage on the phone line, when it is ringing, gets above 28 volts. Anyone know the voltage on the line when it is ringing?
OR
does anyone know of a flasher that does work well?

Thanks
The ringing current is above 28 volts.
Yep, more like 75+ volts, 30 CPS. Are you planning on using this on an SLT station port or on your CO lines?

Also, where is Victory Church? If you are in a different country, the line voltage standards may vary from US ones.
thanks for the responses guys.
actually, I have gone a new direction now...
I found a new flasher, the same one that I had before (Radioshack Fone Flasher 2), but it isn't working either, just like the old one. So the old one might still be good. I don't know why they stopped working though.
I thought you just plug it in and go.

Is there some programming needed on the station to make a flasher plugged into the ADP port work?
I have looked through all of the programming manual and have found nothing on it.

I have tested a replacement phone for this station and other stations. The flashers don't work.
Ideas?
The ADP port is nothing more than a convenient on-board RJ11 that is wired to the dry 2nd pair of the station jack. That pair is otherwise unused.

If you want the 90VAC flasher to work, you will need to connect it to a single CO Line or to one of the two on-board single line ports and do some ring assignment programming.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Phone Flasher - voltage on Starplus STS phone line? - 08/10/11 05:56 AM
Your Phone flasher is designed to work on an analoge port and the only way it will work on your STS is on one of the Single line ports like MNDAVE stated. There are two such ports on the left side of your KSU, they are stations 148 and 149. You will have to extend the wire from there to your Flasher and program them to ring. If your flasher has been working at a phone I would have a tech check for dialtone at the ADP port, then check the slt ports and programing.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help