atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi All,

Our phone system is a Vodavi Starplus 96EX system and we are using Comcast for our phone provider. We want to change the outgoing Caller-ID display and Comcast can't accommodate our needs. Is there anything that will work with our phone system that we can program to provide the outgoing Caller-ID information that we want displayed?

Thanks,
Bill
You can't. The FCC does not permit the manipulation of calling party information on any telephone system or through any service provider. This is referred to as 'spoofing'. The information sent must match the billing information on the account.
I understand. The problem we're having is that Comcast couldn't port all of our numbers so we had to go thru a 3rd party to Remote Call Foward our numbers because we wanted to retain our old numbers. The Caller-ID now shows the Comcast phone numbers and we want to show our original numbers if possible. One of the numbers we dial out on is a fax line and when people see that number and call us back, they get our fax line. We wanted to display our main office line number instead of that number. Is this possible?

Thanks.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Vodavi Starplus 96EX - Caller ID question - 09/07/11 09:15 AM
Only if Comcast is willing to deliver your main listed directory number as the Caller ID number for all your lines. Some providers can do that. Others have no clue. Especially one provider who starts with the letter "C".
So, basically what you're telling me is that if our Service Provider (Comcast) can't change the Caller-ID display, that I'm out of Luck. I was hoping there was an after-market piece of hardware that I could install in-house.

Thanks.
I think you are out of luck with the 96ex

With a newer system along with a PRI and the right system software you can do it. You can make the outbound caller id be any number including all zeros.
Okay. Thanks for all the information you have provided. I appreciate it.
There are some third party caller id spoofing companies. They will change your outbound number and they can also change your voice using text to voice service. They charge a monthly rate and you have to call into their switch using an assigned phone number and then you dial out on their equipment which displays the number you want to show up. This may work for a few calls or from a mobile but making a lot of calls...it seems awkward to me.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help