atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TCE Systems XTS transfered calls won't forward to VM - 09/08/11 10:53 AM
I have a customer with an XTS that yesterday if a call is transfered by an ext or the auto attendant it rings the phone but does not forward to VM. If an ext is called it will forward to vm. On busy transfered calls will forward. This just started happening yesterday afternoon.

Tried reseting XTS system and VM. Unprogrammed station preset forwards and reprogrammed. Also removed and put back clips on digitals ports connected to VM.

Any ideas
Posted By: MnDave Re: XTS transfered calls won't forward to VM - 09/08/11 11:17 AM
Station Call Forwarding is programmed in station programming F50/F51. However, you can also utilize user call forwarding (no answer). Obtain internal intercom tone and dial 640-7-440. It is likely that this is the forward method that was being used and the user or users may have inadvertently canceled it. Of course, the no answer timer is variable but it is only adjustable by the system administrator.
Are you sure that no answer (external) is set to go to voice mail? It sounds as if no answer (internal) and busy forwarding are the only ones that are working. I don't know how that could just change on its own though.
Flash 50/51 page c but 1-4 int/ext no ans busy preset call fwd all set for 440. I took them out # hold and reprogrammed for V440 and it still happens on both internal and external calls. also if I call Auto attendant internally (ext 340) and enter ext it rings but dosen't go to VM. If I dial ext from another ext it rings and goes to VM normally. This is happening on all ext.
If one ext calls another ext and is then transfered to a third ext the same rings the third ext both does not go to vm
Posted By: oobie Re: XTS transfered calls won't forward to VM - 09/08/11 02:17 PM
Taking a stab before I would tell you to initialize station attributes, you sure All the VM ports are working?
Posted By: Derrick Re: XTS transfered calls won't forward to VM - 09/08/11 02:40 PM
What software version is this XTS? The system is in the normal operating mode? Depending on the software there is a day/night/special mode which changes forwarding and sometimes if the system is in a different mode any particular forwarding can stop working because it isn't programmed for that mode.
Posted By: MnDave Re: XTS transfered calls won't forward to VM - 09/08/11 03:29 PM
How long does the transferred call ring at the target phone?
Does the no answer recall timer return the call to the original station?
If the VM is external, can you put a phone on the station port and transfer with no answer to VM then?
Check Day/n/s besides it is forwarding to VM when called directly only not when transferred. All VM ports are working. Transfer call ring and ring. I diable recall timer flash 1 but 4 000 since the recall were driving receptionists crazy. Last night we wiped out the database and installl backup from last week. After external calls transfered by auto attendant were now fowarding to VM however interal transfers one ext to another were just ringing. If I call auto attend directly (ext 340) and enter an ext it rings and rings. Will try phone on digital port to voicemail. Any other ideas. We also pull out everyboard and disconnected the amphenol cables wiped the contacts and reseeded them.
Posted By: oobie Re: XTS transfered calls won't forward to VM - 09/09/11 12:30 PM
Make sure that nothing changed in the mailbox settings in the mailbox for example:

mailbox action may be blind transfer to extension like the extension settings for mailboxes.

I'm drawing at straws can you tell?!!
Posted By: draynor Re: XTS transfered calls won't forward to VM - 09/21/11 07:41 AM
If you change mail box actions to supervised transfer it will work when transferred from AA.
Posted By: Derrick Re: XTS transfered calls won't forward to VM - 09/21/11 08:25 AM
Just to keep you from wasting your time if all your voice mail ports are working than this is not a hardware problem. This is a software problem that should be fixed thru programming. Swapping cables and such is not going to make it better.

Assuming that all vm ports are programmed into the voice mail group normally 440 then the no answer for no answer forwarding is as I said a programming problem.

There are a number of types of preset call forwarding.

Ext busy, no answer (day/night/special)
Int busy, no answer (day/night/special)
The above forwarding can change depending on what mode the system is in day/night/special.

You can have different forwarding for lines than for the phone its ringing too. There is manual forwarding which overrides preset forwarding.

There are timers which govern the above as well.
The state of the phone, such as loop keys, intercom buttons also effects the forwarding because those keys determine whether the phone is in a busy or no answer state and it can be busy for intercom calls but not busy for external calls and vice versa.

In other words there is a boat load of factors any one of which could cause the system to do something you don't want. But that doesn't mean it is malfuntioning. If something works and then stops working it is usually because something or someone changed the state of either the system as a whole or the phones. The system forwarding does not change on its own. I have never known it to happen.

In your case the first thing I would look at is the phone system in day mode as usual.

One other thing. Calling into the auto attendant from an extension and doing a transfer is not a good test. The sytem does not do intercom only transfers, you need to be on an outside line.
This issue was resolved by completely wiping out the database and reprogramming it from scratch. We had previously wiped out the database and put in the backup database but it didn't fix it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help