atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Paradox1300 Starplus Dispatch VM system OGM delay - 09/29/11 07:56 AM
Hi,

Our phone system is a Vodavi Starplus 96EX system and we use the Vodavi Starplus Dispatch system for our voicemails. We're experiencing a delay of approximately 10 seconds after the incoming call is picked up by the voicemail system before the OGM is played. I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to what could be causing this? Is there a registry entry that I can change. I was looking at the registry and of course, most of the entries can't be determined as to meaning. I did find one entry "VmPageMbxDelay=10" that I thought was a possibility, but?

Thanks for any help,
Bill
Posted By: Deltron Re: Starplus Dispatch VM system OGM delay - 09/29/11 04:56 PM
Defrag the HDD. Common issue.
Thanks. Do you have any documentation on how to defrag the Hard drive or could you give me instructions? Will the system be unavailable when I do this? Any idea on how long it will take. Should I back it up first?
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Bill
Posted By: Deltron Re: Starplus Dispatch VM system OGM delay - 10/03/11 12:48 PM
It's an old DOS command. Execute from ECOM.

DEFRAG c: /F There's a space between the c; and /F

Keep in mind if you have the latest analog dispath it won't work. (205 I think. It should be marked Rel 1.2)
Posted By: MnDave Re: Starplus Dispatch VM system OGM delay - 10/03/11 05:07 PM
You can also pull the drive and defrag it as a 2nd drive on a PC with a USB external drive adapter. I have a hard time knowing when the ECOM defrag is done 'cause it just goes blippity blip on the ECOM PCs screen.
Posted By: Deltron Re: Starplus Dispatch VM system OGM delay - 10/03/11 05:30 PM
Yeah, I've had a couple of dispatches where I thought they were broken when the did the "blippity blip" all day.
Hi,

Is there a way to know when the Defrag is done? I'm defragging via the ECom communications program in the DOS window. Will it go back to the C: prompt when done?

Thanks.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Starplus Dispatch VM system OGM delay - 11/30/11 07:26 PM
Nope. Sometimes it seems to finally stop but it usually just keeps going "blippity blip" :banana: all day. Realistically, I'd quit it after about 20 minutes. that is probably twice as long as you might need to but there is no firm indicator when it is done. I just pull it and defrag it externally. That also lets me see and delete error files and such. It's also my favorite way of backing up the hello database
Posted By: adteldon Re: Starplus Dispatch VM system OGM delay - 12/06/11 06:25 AM
I seem to remember Vodavi telling me to uncheck the box in system setup for fax detect to also help. There might have been another setting as well, maybe system casche? Sorry, can't remember.Also, that was for the Digital Talk Path, but I think it's identical to the dispatch in most respects.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help