atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: garyst1109 Vodavi STS Locked up - 09/29/11 07:44 PM
I have 2 customers that had there STS lock up this week.

The first one I re-initalised it and got it up and running. The next morning it was locked up again.

When I shut it down and tried to bring it up the relays were chattering.

Any ideas

Gary
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi STS Locked up - 09/29/11 08:18 PM
This topic has been discussed at great length here recently. You should try viewing the Vodavi and Vertical categories for feedback.

To answer this question again, the memory retention battery in the KSU is failing. The system won't run without this battery. When it starts doing what you've described, it is nearing that time.
Posted By: garyst1109 Re: Vodavi STS Locked up - 10/03/11 02:35 PM
Ed,

Thanks for the help

Gary
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi STS Locked up - 10/03/11 06:09 PM
I wish that I was able to actually give you help in this situation. Sadly, the answer is never easy.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Vodavi STS Locked up - 10/05/11 05:48 AM
I have found that when the relays start chattering replacing the memory battery may not fix it, I don't know if part of the powersupply goes out. I have change out KSU's and then replaced the memory battery and then used the repaired KSU to replace another bad unit and then have the repaired KSU die 3 or 4 months down the road. After the KSU dies I would check the battery and it would be at 3.6v... I am not sure why these units die. All of them have been the STS no STSe have failed. If I have a KSU that the relays bus or rattle I replace it with a new STSe and pile the old KSU in my warehouse.
Posted By: phoneguy10 Re: Vodavi STS Locked up - 10/06/11 05:11 AM
We have had this problem more times than I care to think about. Power supply/capacitor problems have been a problem for us for a while, on the older STS and the XTSc cabinets. We find that if the systems get to about 5 years old and there is a loss of power, the system will not re-boot unless its re-initialized which of course blows the data base away. Re-uploading works, until the next outage. We just send the XTSc cabintets in to repair and its usually the power supply or one or several capacitors on the backplane. A little disappointing but, it is what it is. The XTS on the other hand has never had problems like this.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help