atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tomscom XTS-IP DHD-04 voicemail - 10/11/11 06:14 PM
I have a customer with a XTS-IP with a External Digital Voicemail model DHD-04 that has a problem. We tried a reboot and that does not help. When powering up the unit all 8 of the port lights come and stay on bright. I connected my pc to the unit with the null cable and get nothing. The last few times we tried to reboot the lights would only come on about every other time. Any idea what we could do? I have a DHD-04 that boots up fine, but it's a bit older than the unit they have and was wondering if there is a way to use the flash drive from the unit that will not boot in the older unit that has a hard drive. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Posted By: Derrick Re: XTS-IP DHD-04 voicemail - 10/11/11 06:27 PM
The drive is gone in the one that won't boot or the bios is hosed up but I suspect it is the former. Just use the older voice unit.
Posted By: MnDave Re: XTS-IP DHD-04 voicemail - 10/11/11 10:11 PM
Boot failures are almost always drive related. I've had mixed results replacing drives with compact flash cards. If cheap IDE drives weren't getting so hard to find, I would avoid CF altogether.
Posted By: Tomscom Re: XTS-IP DHD-04 voicemail - 10/12/11 11:29 AM
It looks like the bios may be the problem. Is there a way to fix the bios problem? I moved the CF drive from the unit to the older Dolphin unit and it seems to boot up just fine, It scrolls through the processes and then stops at the Hello prompt. I did notice that it says port count error in the line just before the Hello Prompt. do i need to change any settings to get the CF drive to work where it did have a hard drive? I have been useing Hyper Terminal to see the boot process, is there anywhere that I can find Ecom? I had it on my old laptop and can't find the disk to load it on my new system.
Posted By: MnDave Re: XTS-IP DHD-04 voicemail - 10/12/11 09:46 PM
Try deleting dolkey.key and reboot. You can perform it with dos commands or else install the CF on a PC where it is easy to see the icon. I also use Hyperterm over Ecom. Personal preference I suppose.
Posted By: Tomscom Re: XTS-IP DHD-04 voicemail - 10/13/11 09:33 PM
I will give that a try. Thanks for the help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help