atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: amback Problems with Station Relocation - 11/07/11 12:10 PM
I have a Starplus STS system with a hard drive. We have 7 fixed ports, and 50 voice mail ID's available. We're trying to set up a voicemail that is not linked to a fixed port so that people can call in and leave information without dialing directly to someone's desk.

When the night ring comes on, you should be able to just dial the voice mail ID# but that's not working for some reason.

So... we tried changing one of the empty stations to the voice mail ID# we want to use, and it's still not picking up. When you dial the extension, the call routes to the correct station, but the voice mail still does not pick up.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: MnDave Re: Problems with Station Relocation - 11/07/11 12:43 PM
When using an actual station, you need to have the station itself forwarded to voice mail. That can be done in station programming or the "user" can do it with the call forward feature that is found in the station user guide.

When using a mailbox only mailbox, you will have the auto attendant setting for that mailbox be set to go direct to voice mail. That procedure is easier done by using the voice mail Admin software.

You can also create a mailbox button on any phone to be notified when that mailbox gets a message.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Problems with Station Relocation - 11/07/11 01:01 PM
You can do it by accessing the what we call vitual mailbox...meaning no extension. Dial into the voice mail system from any phone, just hit the voice mail key then # before you enter a password. Then dial the mailbox number,the star key and password... then dial 6 for extended options then 1 to change extension state then 1 again to set immeadiate forward to mailbox.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Problems with Station Relocation - 11/07/11 05:56 PM
Thanks Derrick for adding to it. I thought of that but was just too lazy to fire one up to confirm it. I've switched my in-house to SBX to try to get a handle on that creature.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Problems with Station Relocation - 11/07/11 06:26 PM
No problem.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help