atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ShelbeyJoye Voicemail Issues - 11/08/11 07:45 AM
I work in an office that uses the Vodavi Starplus STS phone system. I have been here for two years and we have had these problems since I have worked here. A previous purchaser tried fixing it to no avail. I'm not sure what she tried/didn't try so I can't be of much help there.

Mainly what the issue is, is when people call in when we don't answer, the voicemail picks it up and directs you through "to dial by name, press blank... to reach the general mailbox press blank.. etc". This has not been updated in YEARS so the names on the system, the people don't even work here anymore. I just need to know how to program it.

My bosses and my voicemail don't work at all. With my bosses, you can transfer to it & it will pick up, but when he goes to listen to the voicemail, nothing is there. My voicemail can't even be transferred to.

ANY help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
Posted By: Derrick Re: Voicemail Issues - 11/08/11 10:05 AM
To update the voice mails directory requires a laptop connection. Depending on which voice mail that it is, it may also require some special admin software to make any changes to it. I think you really need to find an authorized dealer to take care of this for you.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Voicemail Issues - 11/08/11 12:56 PM
My bosses and my voicemail don't work at all
If you dial the pilot number 440, do you get a password prompt? That is the starting point to correcting your system. If that works, you could then call forward your phone on no answer to 440 and get to the next step.

However, you may have many items that were not properly programmed. If your installing company provided you with the administrator mailbox code, you could even rerecord the main greeting but still could not change the key actions without having the software program.

You could also use the admin code to delete and recreate mailboxes if individual boxes are corrupted. But if the template mailbox is not correctly programmed, you will just repeat the problems.

The bottom line is, you need a technician trained in your system to correct your programming. There are just way too many steps involved to give you a simple answer to your questions.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help