atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gary S. XTS - 11/28/11 03:27 PM
Hey Guys.

Have good customers with a XTS system, they all seem happy with the system and of course my service haha. Do we know yet the manufacturing life time of this good ksu ? and what system should I point them too when this system is no longer made or supoported by vertical ?

Thanks again Gary S.
Posted By: Derrick Re: XTS - 11/28/11 04:04 PM
You have the SBX and the MBX. The XTS is officially discontinued..the notice has gone out. Support is already shrinking..fewer tech support hours.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: XTS - 11/28/11 07:57 PM
Oh my. What I think you are asking is how long you can expect an existing system to last. If I'm correct in my assumption, the only significant shortfall that I've encountered is the failure of the memory battery on the MPB. Of course, you'll need to maintain a database backup and perhaps keep a good MPB card in stock. The remaining components are (and always have been) rock-solid in my experience.

While Vertical claims to support existing phone models with the MBX, I would not count upon this for a long period of time. Vertical isn't anxious to support much of the existing Vodavi or Comdial product line other than the obligatory products that are still under manufacturer warranty obligations.

In a nutshell, if you have a system with a bunch of phones that has been recently discontinued, they will be happy to sell you a completely new KSU that may support those phones (with limitations).

You can always pull out a failed KSU and send it in for repair. They do honor that part of the five-year warranty for now. The three-week turnaround time for the repair might be a bit of an issue though.
Posted By: Gary S. Re: XTS - 11/29/11 12:35 PM
Yep, I thought this is the news I would here. I know the sbx supports the 3515 24 b phone, I did not know it supported the 30 b phone ?

Thanks again to all.

Gary S.
Posted By: Derrick Re: XTS - 11/29/11 12:58 PM
The MBX supports the Uni-30 Button and the SBX will also support the 30 button and the Edge phone when FP 4 is released next month.
Posted By: Gary S. Re: XTS - 11/29/11 05:37 PM
You guys are the BEST.

Thanks Gary S
Posted By: EV607797 Re: XTS - 11/29/11 06:04 PM
Any idea about the 3012, IN90XX and TR90XX models, Derrick? Something tells me that I'm hoping for too much.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help