atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DrPbx Centrex Transfer with flash VM - 07/23/12 01:03 PM
Can I do a Centrex transfer from Auto Attendant to an off-site number? I sure I can, but not sure where to start. Centrex transfers work fine from the phone using the flash key. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Centrex Transfer with flash VM - 07/23/12 02:22 PM
You can do it with a Vodavi if you write a command file that includes a flash. I bet Dave has done this a time or two.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Centrex Transfer with flash VM - 07/23/12 03:12 PM
Steve, I just sent you an email but then reread your post. You're asking about Flash VM and my note was for the Dispatch/Talkpath. To transfer to an off-site number with a flash VM, you are going to have to transfer to a phone that is off net forwarded. I don't think there is any other way.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Centrex Transfer with flash VM - 07/23/12 04:43 PM
If the system's software permits, why not transfer the caller to a virtual extension that is preset forwarded with no delay to a system speed bin?

Have the speed bin include a flash and the necessary digits to complete the Centrex transfer.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Centrex Transfer with flash VM - 07/23/12 04:54 PM
Ed will that actually work? It seems to me that the system will dial the speed dial number on a second line,not the original line the call came in on.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Centrex Transfer with flash VM - 07/24/12 05:56 AM
I've never tried it myself, Derrick. I was just given this suggestion by one of the guys here.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Centrex Transfer with flash VM - 07/24/12 06:58 AM
Sorry forgot to mention that this is an STS. Does this system have virtual station ports?
Posted By: oobie Re: Centrex Transfer with flash VM - 07/24/12 08:17 AM
Steve,

If it is a 3500-00 no it doesn't have any virtual port all though the latest version 1.04 may have included them but I don't think it did.

You could use an analog port if you are not using either of the 2 on-board ones to accomplish this as well. I have had to use them a time or 2 on the STS because of no Virtual ports and they were not being used.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help