atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mdavenport Outside calls blinking, but not ringing - 08/17/12 04:23 AM
We have a Vodavi StarPlus 3500-0(?) that no longer rings on any phone when receiving an incoming call. When a call comes in, the light indicates the line is active and blinks, but does not ring. After a few rings, the call is picked up by our auto-attendant and then will correctly ring through an extension if selected within the auto-attendant. I am not sure what event triggered this behavior. I assume this is a programming issue. How do I go about turning this feature back on? I have no experience with this phone system. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: A6 Re: Outside calls blinking, but not ringing - 08/17/12 11:34 AM
You may want to check the operator station, normally ext 10 or 100. See if the DND or night service button is lit up. Try pressing the button to change ring mode. It has three modes (day/night/special). It may be be in an alternate mode.
similar problem - front desk rings only. how do I get all the extensions to ring, all the time so that anyone can hear it and pick it up? Thanks!
and no it does not seem to be an ext 100 DND issue. If the extensions have DND on it won't ring for them though right?
Posted By: MnDave Re: Outside calls blinking, but not ringing - 09/05/12 04:32 AM
Frontdeskrookie - Welcome!

To add a little more detail to A6 - The DND button on the attendant really isn't a DND button. It is a D/N/S or Day/Night/Special button. So unless a different ring assignment has been programmed for each mode, the default for D/N/S is to only ring station 100.

To make all your phones ring, you need a Vodavi tech to do some programming.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help